What should Ford's priorities be?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2001, 17:46   #1 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

confused

What do you guys think?

For mine it should be as follows...

1. AV Falcon (ute, wagon, sedan, engine line up)
2. Fte/Tickford hot Falcons
3. 4wd Variants (R5, Raptor)

And if you could kill one model what would it be??...

For mine the cougar. It has no cred, no image, and from what I hear stuff all sales. From Fte and no Tickford badges.. what's the point of that??
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2001, 17:49   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I'd say

1. AV Falcon
2. FTE/Tickford
3. Build Up street creed & win races
4. 4WD variants

I would also kill the Cougar

And now the announcement everyone's bee awaiting: DK is off to his first class of the day so he can stop wasting the excess time in the forums :D
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 18:30   #3 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Ford should be concentrating on brand image. No matter what they do with the cars, if they can't sell them and make profit again, they won't be able to make the cars we want.

Geoff Polites is fully aware of the current shortfall in Ford's image, and seems to be doing everything to correct years of neglect.

They need to be targetting the younger car drivers/buyers, even those who don't have a license yet. They need to rebuild their stocks of potential 'lifetime Ford owners'. I grew up a Ford kid, and I'm sure many on this forum did too. I've only ever owned Ford cars, and I always will (though if I can ever afford a GTS Viper, I'd have no dramas sitting that in the garage next to a future Falcon. )

Ford spent too long being a fleet car/taxi motor company, and not enough time looking after those who generate future Ford buyers. A kid riding in an AU taxi isn't going want to own a Ford - but if his dad owns a classy FTE Falcon and his brother owns monster Xr8, and Craig Lowndes/Ford is winning races, he has a great chance of growing old a Ford nut like the rest of us. :D
Venom XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 20:23   #4 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)

This is where I and many others come in.

My main job at the Discovery Centre is to look after the many school groups which visit. We tailor visits to suit individual needs and teachers who have participated have been spreading the word about how useful and versatile we are as part of the curriculum. Late last year we unveiled Henry's Shed & Clara's Backyard, a purpose built area in the Discovery Centre which deals with environmental issues relating to cars and industry. This area includes a variety of 'fun' hands on activities for the children to participate in. At the end of the session the children are presented with an 'Environmental Licence'. Many hours of planning went into the setup of this permanent exhibit, much of the information came from Ford's Environmental Quality Office.

Another program about to be launched next week is "Ford Alive". This program offers the opportunity of being involved in the whole Ford experience. A visit to the Ford Discovery Centre, along with visits to both the Geelong Engine & Stamping Plant, and the Broadmeadows Production line are involved. Each child who participates will be presented with a showbag of Ford goodies (including a Ford temporary tattoo which was my idea to 'brand' the children, not to mention the exposure mum/dad gets while trying to scrub the thing off :)). This program has not only the full support of Ford Management, but also the State Government. In order to ensure the program has maximum impact many changes have been implemented such as upgrading the tractor trains for the factory tours, including disabled facilities on these trains, the support of web based booking systems and a web based homepage including a club and prizes and the construction of an auditorium at the Geelong plant to be used for hands on and visual displays relating to the tour of the plant.

This program will be the only chance very young children will have to visit a working vehicle manufacturing plant as safety has been upgraded to allow all ages to participate. Other plants which offer a tour do not cater for children under the age of ten. How many of you wish you had been able to participate in this type of program while you were at school?

If anyone is interested in finding out more about this program, email me and I will post you a brochure as soon as I have some to distribute.

This is one of many initiatives being introduced to ensure the future success of the brand. :thumbup:

Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 20:41   #5 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

The above sounds interesting.

Regarding the killing off of the Cougar, in opinion Ford should just move it into the showroom with all the Lasers etc... and try and sell it so its not a specialty item like FTE, personally I like the Cougar but unfortunatly it is a model we don't get here in NZ. :?:
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 22:30   #6 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

How about the priorities though??... :confused:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 22:35   #7 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Want to distribute some tatoos around to the big kids on the forums here? :D :wink2: :rolleyes:
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 22:50   #8 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Yeah, my thoughts exactly DK! I've got plenty of room around my existing tatts for a temporary Ford tatt!!

As for the Cougar, those wear Mercury badges in the states, so it won't be much of a loss if they disappear from showrooms. :thumbdown
Venom XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 23:06   #9 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)

I think I should be able to get a few tattoos for you guys.

That is, after I have put enough aside for my own personal use

The only drawback for this program is that at the moment it targets Victorian children in particular, although if interstate schools are willing to travel or are on a camp they will be most welcome to come along. Geographically it is difficult to aim at a wider market, but we are looking at what we can do in other states. If anyone has any great ideas, let me know :)

Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 23:09   #10 (permalink)
blue blooded ford fan

ONE WORD.....TURBO. If the cougar had a turbo motor then i think we'd see a few more flyin around the streets.
-broomy
Broomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub