What the Wildest/Stupid Mod you've done? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2002, 22:54   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

biggrin Whats the Wildest/Stupid Mod you've done?

My bother and I brought a 1984 laser that had been rear-ended for a farm hack.

After a while I decide to Turbo it with a Leaf Blower. So I ran a 3 inche hose from the throttle body, through the passangers window and into the hatch back, onto the petrol leaf blower.

I start the laser up and got a mate to start the blower, when we were ready I lifted the revs of the laser and my mate open the throttle on the blower right up.

I planted my foot, dropped the clutch and F**K it went. Before I new it I'd ran out of track and hadn't even had a chance to get out of 1st.

Trouble was when I went to turn around I didn't give it enough and it conked out. After turning the blower off the car wouldn't start again so we had to push it 2km home.

The next day I got it going again after removing leaves and stuff the throttle body. I didn't have the chance to it again because we traded the laser to a panel beatter for some work on our EA's

Any way what sort of silly sh*t have you done?
wizric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2002, 01:38   #2 (permalink)

Taken those stickers under the side indicators off but i reckon it looks good some people don't!! this was on a AU2!!!
Old 09-08-2002, 02:13   #3 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Put one of those little garden spray things in front of my tires of my old FWD maxima. Then used the washer bottle and ran the line to them. The reactions from people when I did the hell burnouts. Little did they know I had deisel/distillate in the washer bottle. Made the tires a bit slippery for a while though.

Geez, the LeafBlower mod sounda fricken awesome!
Old 09-08-2002, 02:43   #4 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

hmm, now that is lateral thinking, if you could match the leaf blower rpm to the engine rpm to maintain X amount of boost that would work awesome!! i might give it a go in my parents tarago...lol

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 03:14   #5 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by needfordspeed
Taken those stickers under the side indicators off but i reckon it looks good some people don't!! this was on a AU2!!!
I did that!! looks heaps better!

one of the unusual mods i did was having a fuel tank on the roof with a hose being syphoned down straight to the carb on a cortina, we had stuffed the fuel pump... this car was being used on the salt pans, and all the cars out their were dodgy...
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 03:22   #6 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

Wizric thats a WILD mod ahahhahahaha.. I've alway had this idea of attaching an aircompressor to the intake! Though i wouldnt try it on my EF fairmont.

No crazy shit for me lol
Old 09-08-2002, 07:45   #7 (permalink)
Sideways..

HAHAHAHAHAH man those mods are insane! I like !!!!
If i had a shite box car, i'd try that blower mod hey!

As for myself, I ended up putting 3/4 of that water/diesel injection on the tyre setup onto my car.. but then got paranoid and took it all off because it was due for a service in a few days.
I had it all worked out too! Ahhh well :) I'll just buy an LSD diff one day and that will do the same job.

Xtreme 275.6 rwkw, 12.93 sec quater, Phoon CAI, Siemens Injectors, StealthFX BOV with XBOX entertainment.
XF Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub