What Is Your Favourate Brand Of Tool - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2003, 20:21   #1 (permalink)

confused What Is Your Favourate Brand Of Tool

I have a large workshop in the backyard, it's bloody well stocked with anything I'm likely to ever need . Ive got Sidchrome, Stahlwillie, Snap-on, Kinchrome, Dufor, Geodore, Henry Boker and Metwrench hand tools in sets and specialized tools. From watching Bathurst races as a kid I confess a passion for Aussy made Sidchrome, but my most practical tools are the Metwrench. What do you use and find works well?
68GT CORTINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2003, 20:28   #2 (permalink)
i pity tha fool

Re: What Is Your Favourate Brand Of Tool

well i dont work on cars much, but sidchrome or snap-on for me..

Previous ride: EBII V8 Manual Ghia spring roll.
Current ride: 1970 ZC 351 Fairlane Custom.. (estimated 350ftlb @ 2000rpm.. max torque 420ftlb at 4500rpm.. with standard exhaust manifold!)
jmartion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 20:59   #3 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

My favourites are without doubt Stahlwille - take it as a vote for ease of handling working on tight areas on airplanes. This is followed by Snap-On which are good but OTT on price.

Power tools? I must admit I've bought a lot of Dewalt lately (maybe it's NASCAR and Matt Kenseth rubbing off on me) and have a few Bosch as well.

Buy quality once is my motto!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 21:21   #4 (permalink)

frown Ref; Stahlwillie

YOU would never believe this if your a Stahlwillie lover but there was a bloke who lived around the corner who had at one time been big on the raceing sceen, he happened to know Jack Brabham and as it happened bought off Jack his Mazerati formula one car, this same car Jack had bought off Fangio. Well the car came with a set of Stahlwillie 3/8th drive a set of 1/2 inch and a set of combo spanners. When my neighbour passed away the widow asked me to help sell up the workshop side of the estate and I was only too happy. She said I could have anything in hte shed for doing it, well there were welders, generators,mowers, a warren and brown valve seat recuting kit and lots morer but I said the 1/2 inch stahlwilli was fine(totaly boxed set with about 40 pieces) I spent some three weeks going over there every day priceing everything and getting all the items to work, and on the thursday before the saterday of the sale I dropped in to say I had placed the add in the newspaper. She said "Oh you wont have to worry much some nice men were repairing my washers and I asked them if they would like a look at some tools I had to sell and they bought everything, I let them have them very cheap as they were so nice.....the set I had been promised had been dug out of a cubbard and sold for $40.00 the entire spanner set 6-32 went for $50, honestly I was physically ill. Imagine Fangio's and Jack's tool fixing toilets aaaaaagh
68GT CORTINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 22:29   #5 (permalink)
Not a Twink

Sidchrome for me ! Never had a Sidchrome tool fail on me yet (Even with the old 24inch extension bar on the 1/4inch ractchet lol)
honer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 22:38   #6 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

I'm with A.P same with us here too.
I find I seem to go through heaps of
philips screwdrivers though.
Must be very popular!!!
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 23:21   #7 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

i find Kingchrome to be a good mix of quality and price (never scared to put full weight on those ratchets and haven't broken one yet!)
Not Kingcraft, mind you, that's just cheap crap :)

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 23:42   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Gedore only. Power tools are a mixed bag but the only one I'd never part with is the Rupes buffer.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 00:56   #9 (permalink)

stuff

yes snap on is flash stuff alright , but i like there Bluepoint range there got some niffty gadgets , but i think cash is still king.
slothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 01:04   #10 (permalink)
Movin!

Whether it be tools, car parts, T.V's, electrical gear i always like to buy the quality stuff, you spend the extra bit first and save in the long run in terms of quality.

Tools like sydchrome last a lifetime if looked after, while dewalt and makita make the grouse power tools that i've used. Some of the brands that used to be ok such as ryobi and the like are pretty tacky these days
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub