What is your silliest injury? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2002, 15:31   #1 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

What is your silliest injury?

Me. 3 possibilities.

1. Kicked filing cabinet drawer shut in a fury a few years ago. Broke bone in foot. Last day before Xmas hols. Stuffed up hols. Diagnosed a couple of years later when continuing problems led to doctor and X-ray.

2. Dived onto kid's water slide (long plastic strip on ground with water on it) to impress missus that I'm still up to it a couple of years ago. Broke 2 ribs on right and 1 on left. Diagnosed a couple of months later by a real doctor instead of the idiot at the holiday town. I knew I'd buggered something the moment I landed. I think the Missus had a struggle to appear concerned when she was really pissing herself laughing while I was lying on the ground moaning. Second day of Xmas hols. Stuffed hols. Left rib still pops out from sternum occasionally. Bloody nuisance.

3. Many years ago went to first training session as swimming instructor for part time job at uni. Surrounded by all these state and national swimming comp types and feeling a bit out of it as they all do these flash racing dives into the pool. So I do a flash dive into the shallow end, and ram my face straight into the bottom of the pool. Stand up pretty stunned and try to pretend nothing's happened, hoping I don't pass out, which would be really embarrassing. Finally work out that all these sheilas calling out and carrying on on the side of the pool are addressing me. The phrase "You're bleeding" is repeated. I look down and see blood all over my chest and turning the water that funny green colour. I have peeled back skin on my nose and it looks worse than it is because it is mixing with the water on me. Refusing their offers of help, because I am humiliated enough already, I say I'll get my towel from the dressing room and slink off. Got dressed and nicked off ASAP. So that's how I never became a swimming instructor. Fortunately it didn't interfere with any holidays.

Actually, might be 4 possibilities. I discovered once that it takes more than a quick wash to remove Deep Heat from your hands after using it, so it is a very good idea to wash them very thoroughly before you scratch your nuts.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2002, 15:45   #2 (permalink)
Awaiting Barra launch

1) myself: I once punched one of those boxing machines in Timezone and broke a bone in my wrist. Took me years to live that one down believe me.

2) mate: I was away with a mate once and we were pissed as farts in the hotel's pool and seeing who could do the most laps underwater. Well he went under, went steaming along and BAM straight into the wall at the end with his face. But it didn't end there, instead of just lifting his head up he scraped his nose right up the side of the pool which was made of that pebble mix stuff - ground it down to the cartiledge. Trip to the hospital in a taxi and he had to wear one of those bandage things on his face the rest of the holiday!:MUha:
Old 02-21-2002, 15:47   #3 (permalink)

Re: What is your silliest injury?

Quote:
Originally posted by EA S
I discovered once that it takes more than a quick wash to remove Deep Heat from your hands after using it, so it is a very good idea to wash them very thoroughly before you scratch your nuts.
LOL (sorry)!

My silliest injury to myself would of been a concussion surrered when I was about 7yo I was jumping from level to level on a tiered wooden bench when I micalculated the distance and missed the next seat with my feet and instead got it with my forehead.

The silliest injury to my car was when I was a young bloke at school about 17yo with what was at the time my parents Subaru 4WD wagon and I came hooning into the car park where all my mates were and thought I would impress them by doing a skid on the grass but i managed to lock up all 4 wheels and prang head on into a tree, totally wrecking the front of the car. Didn't hurt me (only my pride) but very embarrasing. Even more so when I had to go home and explain to the oldies what I had done.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 16:06   #4 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Re: Re: What is your silliest injury?

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon

The silliest injury to my car was when I was a young bloke at school about 17yo with what was at the time my parents Subaru 4WD wagon and I came hooning into the car park where all my mates were and thought I would impress them by doing a skid on the grass but i managed to lock up all 4 wheels and prang head on into a tree, totally wrecking the front of the car. Didn't hurt me (only my pride) but very embarrasing. Even more so when I had to go home and explain to the oldies what I had done.
I did something similar a few years back at work. Large wet grassed car park. Took the opportunity to slide it and miscalculated how slippery it was. Became a passenger and could see I was going to slam into a parked car and get heaps of attention from the passers by. Fortunately drifted it sideways into perfect parking position at end of row, more good luck than anything else. Anyone looking would have thought it was a magnificently controlled big 180 deg slide.
Old 02-21-2002, 16:08   #5 (permalink)

oh man, those are classics!

in my case... i can only think of one case where i can be held responsible for any injuries. i don't even know if you could classify it an injury. it's a bit disquisting so i'll skip the details! basically, my toenail was ingrown, and i didn't do anything about it for months. needless to say, things got REAL nasty (we're talking weird flesh growth OVER what was once my toenail) so i even had to have flesh cut out. now i have one very disfigured toe.
Old 02-21-2002, 16:13   #6 (permalink)
My name is Forrest....

One day walking from the bus stop to uni, near the Parade grounds in Adelaide, was walking between a couple of cars, one a tray top ute, when a bee flew striaght for my face, I ducked a little to vigorously and head butted the side of the ute.
This created a nice little split down the middle of my forehead. and a great headache.

Another time in an old job, we had been painting machines with acrylic laquer which had dried on my arms, so I was using these little red disposable stanly knifes to scrape the paint off, these knives have a plastic sheath that you pull off to use, I got a bit excited and pulled the cover off too quit, my arms then flew apart and then overcompensated the reaction stabbed myself witht he knive. Down to the bone on the muscle on the base of your thumb. Ouch

Or then when I was about 8 , I was pulling a mono on a BMX when the front wheel decided to wonder off down the street, the forks hit the ground a threw me off the bike on to my chin. Nearly broke my jaw.
Old 02-21-2002, 16:19   #7 (permalink)
Shh i'm huntin more power

Well when i was about 10 i rode my bike into a parked car and broke my finger. It's still a bit bent. There was another time before that too when i met up with a brick wall and needed four stiches in my forehead...
Jase_ELXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 16:20   #8 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jesmol

Another time in an old job, we had been painting machines with acrylic laquer which had dried on my arms, so I was using these little red disposable stanly knifes to scrape the paint off, these knives have a plastic sheath that you pull off to use, I got a bit excited and pulled the cover off too quit, my arms then flew apart and then overcompensated the reaction stabbed myself witht he knive. Down to the bone on the muscle on the base of your thumb. Ouch

Reminds of an incident in the army when another bloke decided it was flash to put his bayonet in his gaiters, like some sort of pirate. We're all sitting around when he does it, and promptly stabs his ankle. Nobody could help him because we were all pissing ourselves laughing.
Old 02-21-2002, 16:25   #9 (permalink)
My name is Forrest....

Quote:
Originally posted by EA S

Reminds of an incident in the army when another bloke decided it was flash to put his bayonet in his gaiters, like some sort of pirate. We're all sitting around when he does it, and promptly stabs his ankle. Nobody could help him because we were all pissing ourselves laughing.
That happened to me too, everybody else was to busy laughing to worry about the blood pissing out. Bastards .......
Old 02-21-2002, 16:39   #10 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

:MUha: :MUha: :MUha: :MUha: :MUha: :MUha: Aah great entertainment! Nothing like the humiliation and misfortune of others to cheer one's day.

Anyhow, to be fair, here are a few clangers from my shady past..

* Grade 3, primary school. "The Hill". It was the road going around the school. A particular section was about 250m long, nice slope, the popular place to be with the old-school skinny skateboards. I had just discovered Singer sewing machine oil, and the benefits it held for wheel bearings. The day before, I had dazzled all and sundry with my speed down the mountain with this strange new additive. We all rode them sitting down of course. This day, I was out to impress again, and decided to start waaay back from the usual spot, to ensure terminal velocity would be reached by the bottom of the hill. Well, I certainly reached terminal velocity, and I really impressed the other kids, but about 30m from the usual slow down point, I developed possibly the most violent case of "death wobbles" known to mankind. The resulting stack cost me quite a few layers of skin from arms, legs, and back. To enhance the effect, my schoolshirt was torn to shreds. Most impressive!

* Typical schoolyard argument, between myself and another guy in my year. He makes it turn nasty, by throwing a punch .. I duck, I return with a right hander to his ribcage, but he's taken a half step forward, and so my fist is not orientated quite right. I ended up hitting him with the outside knuckle on the right hand, very hard, which broke the first bone behind the little finger. I proceed to nurse my hand, while screaming "aaaah that bloody hurt".. to the amusement of onlookers. The other guy thinks this is hillarious and stands there laughing at me. Great moment in time. However I had the last laugh, as I had broken one of his ribs, and he came out of it worse than I did.

There are many more but they can wait for another day :dead:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub