Whats with Autobarn carparks?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2003, 23:24   #1 (permalink)
Otherwise known as Robbo

mad Whats with Autobarn carparks??

Ok what the hell is with autobarn carparks? They are the biggest display of RICE in automotive history. I had to go to the Penrith autobarn the other day to get some locknuts for my BA XR6. When i pull up there is the stupidess freaken array of cars ever assembled on the planet.

- VN V6 commodore with plastic wings stuck everywhere, HSV sticker covering the entire rear window, monster tacho ect ect.

- 92 camry with cannon rear muffler and trd stickers.

- two mirages one sporting a monster tach, the other with ralliart badges!

i could go on. Anyway ill get to the story.

Walk in and ask this dude about lock nuts for my XR6. No problem he says, here u go. Anyway i want to match them against my wheels so i bring him out to the car. Sweet the guy says when he sees it, "thats the new XR6 ey.. ya its mad" then "is it the turbo bro" to which i reply no its not. This guy (he looked about 19) then goes on to tell me that my car is nothing special cause it aint the turbo and he asks why would i buy it. So i politely ask what does he drive and he proudly takes me over to his car:

Yes ladies and gentlemen - a fully awesome 1995 Mazda 121 in ferrari red. It had 17inch mags, a rear wing, window tint, a 3inch exhaust and to top off the absolute stupidity, a MONSTER TACHO - yes on a mazda 121 (u know the stupid bubble ones)

My girlfriend started laughing at him before I did, and i asked why u would put a monster tacho on this car he replied cause it looks cool. I was lost for words, paid for my locknuts and left without another word to him!!!

Anyway I seriously dont know whats going on lately with all the crappy modified cars on the road these days. When I was learning to drive I was embarresed to be seen in my parents camry and sisters corolla - now people try to bring attention to these cars with huge exhausts and other crap WHY oh Why do people mod shitboxes - go set something decent in the first place - plenty of cheap performance bargains to be had (eg EB XR6s approx $5000 up - awesome, why buy a 121).......

oh well thats my winge over.
Also - Kawasaki ZZR, soon to be Kawasaki ZX6R.
XRSIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2003, 23:30   #2 (permalink)

The fool doesn't realise your XR6 has more street cred than his Bubble car ever will. Some people just don't have a clue do they?

I usually find the odd array of 180SX/S13 Silvia and all sorts of Commodores parked outside the Autobarns in this area.

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 23:34   #3 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Rice is an epidemic, it's like the "hallucinogenic drug scene" of the automotive world. We can only hope and pray for a fast cure for this crippling affliction.
Old 04-23-2003, 23:39   #4 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior™

Mate it is called a FAD™.... did he have the coin slot on the rear spoiler like they do for shopping trolleys at Woolies? LOL

I'm guessing they do this because these cars are cheap... Not many P platers want to buy a car and strip it and restore it. Too much $$$. They buy newish cars and do bolt on stuff. (Obviously some exceptions...)

With time this will die down as did the
1. Panel Van craze...
2. The make every XY a GT look a like in the 80s craze
3. The fat rear tyres skinny front runners craze..

They will look back in 10-15 years and think... "What were we thinking back in 2003!!!?? :oo3: "
Old 04-23-2003, 23:48   #5 (permalink)
A shit load of Dim Sims

I don't know about Autobarn as we don't get them over here, but there is a car stereo retailer and installer over here that is just down the road from me. Every weekend for 4 weeks, myself and 3 mates were going to this place as one of us was buying a top shelf home unit, and as bits and pieces were coming in weekly, we made the trip once a week.

Any hoo, two of the guys working there parked their cars right at the front doors, both parked on an angle so three parking bays were taken, I suppose this was so no one would scratch their cars. The funny thing was, one is a Mirage and one is a Lancer, both were covered in tupperware, had monster tachos and looked like they just walked off the set of Fast and the Furious.

Every time we walked into that shop, we all pissed ourselves laughing (all big boys so nothing they could do :s3 ) and making stupid remarks about rice burners, we did this for 4 weeks, and all the whole time we were in this shop didn't stop with rice jokes.

I think they were happy to see us go....
skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 01:25   #6 (permalink)

About a month or 2 ago me and a mate Pete were headed home from the Melbourne Motor Show in his heavily modified 351 Powered LTD Silver Monarch. Coming down StKilda Road I had the window down when i heard this "Bassy Lanymower" sound coming from the car next to me. I look over and se a Crappy Hyundai Prelude with a massive spioler and tacho cruisin next to us. The lil gino drivin sees me looking and gives it some gas to make the car sound tough. Almost raming the car in front of him up the arse. At this point I started to piss myself laughing, Gino looks over at me and yells "Got a f#$in problem mate?" Causing me to laugh harder. He says "Whats the F&^#@n problem!" I replied "Mate, theres no substitute for cubic inches!" I seen his eyes light up with anger. "Oh yer" he says "I got a HK monaro at home with a 451 cleaveland in it!!" well i couldnt stop laughing! the gino knew hed been caught out and too the next left. (Chappel Street) I was still laughing 30min later when i got home!

PHoeNiX_
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:19   #7 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

Ahh the sad sad ricer boys.
I remember once my and my uncle went to AutoBarn so he could buy a nice new set of Pedals for his GT (You know the foot shaped ones, threw them out later, but it was a novel idea at the time)
Anyway, when we go tthere, some shmuck with his monster mirage was laughing and pointing crap at the GT. HOWEVER, due to the "cheap assness" of his side skirts, when my uncle drove past him the vibration from the exhaust system (perhaps a bit loud........just a bit...anyway) one of his side skirts fell off.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha was a classic, wish i had my camera, OH MY GOD SO FUNNY!
Well that just set him off and he got out, started kicking it, chucked it into his car and left.....with both front tyres screeching.

bahahahahaha!
Old 04-24-2003, 02:31   #8 (permalink)
{';'}

There are so many classics out there... I was on the way to TAFE one morning when I saw this tosser in like a '93 Sonata with a purple neon underneath. Obviously it was on, I mean afterall, it was 8.30am in peak hour traffic and hence plenty of people would be impressed, right!?

It gets funnier... I get closer to laugh at this penis in his kick arse car, and notice the lovely after-market badging: SAAB Aero etc etc. Identity crisis. Why do people bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:48   #9 (permalink)

i went past maccas the other day, some sorta merc VAN! with neons everywhere, behind the grill, etc, mags, dark tint, what IS THE POINT! made me laugh :)
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 03:49   #10 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

Thats why it's called AUTORICE (tm).
Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub