Whats The Laser SR2 Like ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2003, 05:20   #1 (permalink)
Yeah .... I am here

Lightbulb Whats The Laser SR2 Like ?

My wife wants to sell her 92 Charade and have another blue oval in the drive way, fine with me!! She has her heart set on a Laser SR2 Auto. Anyone on here own one ?? if so whats it like, any probs ??? Just doing my homework on it first,
thanks

Luke
XR8fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2003, 06:02   #2 (permalink)
goooone

My girlfriend has her heart set on one too I've doen abit of looking into them & they seem like a top package but as yet she doesn't own one so i don't have an indepth view
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 06:45   #3 (permalink)

From my experience with Lasers, they are assome performers. My dads company got rid of their Hyundai Lantra fleet and replaced them with Lasers, and i can see why. The Lasers pull really hard and really fast. I would reccomend them!
narkus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 07:12   #4 (permalink)

The SR2 is an absolute looker - for me the black does it. The manual version is very zippy, has loads of grunt and lots of fun. The auto version is a little more subdue, but I reckon your gf would love it. uel economy is decent even when you thrash it. The interior is very aspirational and oozes appeal. And lasers are really reliable. And the SR2 would have good resale value due to limited numbers but don't hold me true to that.
Old 02-28-2003, 20:59   #5 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

My second car is a 2002 KQ LXi with a few added options. This includes power pack (windows, mirrors), sunroof, alloys and rear wing. It cost me $22000 from Alto Ford in Sydney.

It has only got the 1.6 in it, but I love it. This car has more features than my XR6. It's well built and has a great interior.

The SR2 is a great package, I don't know how much performance it would have over the 1.6 but I'm actually impressed by how quick mine is. The downfall is that once the AC is on, you feel like you could run faster!

You can't go pass the Laser as a great value car.

For pics,

http://members.hn.ozemail.com.au/jam...ages/laser.jpg

http://members.hn.ozemail.com.au/jam...ges/laser1.jpg
Old 02-28-2003, 23:46   #6 (permalink)
falconS

Jamie, where did that "XR4" badge come from???
Old 03-01-2003, 00:41   #7 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by falconS
Jamie, where did that "XR4" badge come from???
What good eyes you have!

Alto Ford had them made as part of a dealer package that I mentioned earlier (power windows etc). They called it the XR4, and actually got into a bit of trouble from Tickford for it. I don't know how many they sold. There was one that I know of plus mine, then my Sister-in-law bought one as well as she liked mine.

I've been thinking of removing them as they don't really belong on the car.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:00   #8 (permalink)
Forever Ford Follower

I currently drive my mums silver SR2 manual laser.. all i have is praise for it.. From the ability to get going to the alluminated red dash at night, i have trouble finding a flaw.. Its heaps of fun to drive and for me it also looks bloody good as well. I couldn't recommend a better car as an update from anything in the small market cuz this offers more than you want.. It also comes with a really good audio system (6 stack in-dash).. for me i give it a big two thumbs up and would say go for the manual cuz its more fun to drive! :s6: :s6:

Hope that helps..
XLR8_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 17:22   #9 (permalink)
bumpy ride

Jamies wheels

Jamie that is a sweet looking Laser, what size are those alloys, what are they and how much? Looking to get my wife a Laser -yours look spot on.
Old 03-02-2003, 23:23   #10 (permalink)
Yeah .... I am here

thanks guys, there is a manual SR2 at the local ford dealer, only 4000kms and they have $23990 on it. But its manual, trying to talk her into manual :)
XR8fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub