Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: End of Eastern FWY Melbourne
Whats the point
Ive just about had it with my EB monty. Ever since ive bought it its been nothing but trouble.
Since i purchased it in early July of this year (2004) it has had to following go wrong and be repaired in chronological order:
1. Power windows didnt work - dealer fixed but they are still all pretty bad
2. AC didnt function due to lack of belt, belt attached and snapped, Compressor seized
3. ALT belt snapped and alternator seized- new ALT and Belts purchased
4. Battery packed up 3 days later - new battery
5. Whining noise evident from exhaust, found bolts missing
6. Absolutly terrible fuel economy, full service- new leads, plugs, filters and it still is crap
7. discs uneven - machined
8. wheel alignment found to be out a fair bit - yet to be fixed
9. Battery goes flat - charged
10. Battery goes flat again, replacement ALT is found to be Faulty - Brand new ALT and belts
11. Entire left rear light section stops working - all globes replaced
12. Left indicator flashes very quick, yet to be rectified
13. And now to top it all off, it appears to be drinking coolant.
Kinda coincidental the biggest and latest is then unlucky 13.
I know its a 12 year old car, but to own a car for less then 6 months and have this much go wrong, really, im at the point of never buying a Ford again. My EA was somewhat more reliable, all beit for an EA.
Im at the point of moving to a Holden and i know they have their problems, but everyone ive seen works awesome, or getting a toyota which generally very reliable. Given how far i need to drive to get to uni and to where i work, i cant justify a car that is being repaired every second day and costs $60 a week in petrol.
RIP 88' EA Falcon S pack
92 EB Fairmont - Retired POS!