What's it worth? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2002, 05:16   #1 (permalink)

What's it worth?

Hi Fellow Ford Friends

Well, it's finally come time to sell one of the family, a 1960 XK Falcon Deluxe that I've had sitting in the shed for many years to make some room.

This car is totally original in still original paint so a prospective buyer can see exactly what they would be getting and nothing covered up.

Sure it does have a bit of rust, but otherwise it is a full complete car and would only take a new battery to get it running again.

My wife drove it to work (some 30 kms) every day for five years until we drove it into and parked it in the shed. She used to love it but with a family it was just not suitable as an every day car. She used to love the way it would cruise and was a real attention getter and talking point. As she used to say "The 2 speed power glide is pretty smoooooothe"

I had planned to restore it and had started with a total rebuild of the front end and had put XP wish bones and ball joints in as they were stronger than the original XK. This is the only mod on the car.

But now the conundrum; what do you honestly think it's worth?

If it's worth little I may as well keep it for the boys when they grow up. Or if is worth something,I could really do with the shed room.

What do you think, I'd be interested in your opinions or experience.

Thanks

Swampy
Swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2002, 16:40   #2 (permalink)

If I were you, I'd keep it, keep it running and when you've got time/cash restore it to its ORIGINAL condition, without any mods. if you've got a car that 42 years old, and still pretty much original, it would be such a shame to modify it.

As for what it's worth, well there's only one question you have to ask yourself: what's it worth to you?
Old 04-26-2002, 04:23   #3 (permalink)
true blue thru & thru

Keep it, i mean how rare is it these days to find an original classic in good condition, especially with no mods.

and if you do keep it and decide to restore it it would certainly be worth a lot more to you and your family, and mean something to the family than selling it now would.
Old 04-26-2002, 06:32   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Keep it, believe me.When you'r older[or not so] you'll wish you did.
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 17:18   #5 (permalink)
'Black Beauty'

If it has sentimental value then you should keep it and spend every last cent doin it up.. If it has no value what so ever you should sell it to me for $100

Hope you choose the earlier cause i really dont have the room either.. however if it fits in the bedroom, the wife could sleep in the shed i guess!! thats a thought!

Cheers

Tony

(WOOOHOOO- I made it to 100 posts.. bout bloody time!)

XR6-XR8 Club of QLD
XRMK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 05:21   #6 (permalink)
Australian Forte Member

Mate that is like my very first car two speed auto and all.If you can deliver it to my place I won't charge you a cent to take it of your hands :s6: I still miss my XK and it's been more than 20yr's since I sold it :bwhaaaaaa
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub