Whats wrong with Americans - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2002, 21:40   #1 (permalink)

Whats wrong with Americans

Don't you guys like sport or something. We have had threads in Golf, boxing,tennis, football and yet there seems to be very little interest! Whats the story?
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2002, 08:07   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

Perhaps because there are many sites dedicated to sports, whereas car sites are mostly frequented by people who want to discuss cars.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 09:32   #3 (permalink)

I agree. There are tons of UBB clubs JUST for Sports talk.

We are lucky there is even a sports talk area here on oh yah... the name of this website is Fordforums not sportsforums... so don't blame this on Americans. Thanks.
GREG
GMACK24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 13:38   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by GMACK24
I agree. There are tons of UBB clubs JUST for Sports talk.

We are lucky there is even a sports talk area here on oh yah... the name of this website is Fordforums not sportsforums... so don't blame this on Americans. Thanks.
GREG
Thanks. No one is blaming anything on anyone. The reason this section is here is recognition that people do have outside interest other than cars and may want to talk about it. It is something I have noticed different from nationalities on this board, in that Australians generally have a very keen interest in talking about sport and i was wondering why there didn't seem to be much support of sports from other sections. If you guys go to dedicated sites to talk about it then fine, it might be something that needs to be considered in future if admin are looking at changing the subsections.

The thread heading was meant to grab your attention it wasn't meant to insult. I didn't read it as an insult sorry if you do!

Over the last couple of days, via another forum I have noticed that Americans seem to like their ubbs to be about one topic and one topic alone. PT as an example seem to disaprove of the format we have here because the site is more general.

Taking your comments further, in order to appeal to a wider section of people we need to be more specific!
Old 02-07-2002, 22:45   #5 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

Um....

Gonzaga is now ranked #10

WOO!
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 06:29   #6 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2

Thanks. No one is blaming anything on anyone. The reason this section is here is recognition that people do have outside interest other than cars and may want to talk about it. It is something I have noticed different from nationalities on this board, in that Australians generally have a very keen interest in talking about sport and i was wondering why there didn't seem to be much support of sports from other sections. If you guys go to dedicated sites to talk about it then fine, it might be something that needs to be considered in future if admin are looking at changing the subsections.

The thread heading was meant to grab your attention it wasn't meant to insult. I didn't read it as an insult sorry if you do!

Over the last couple of days, via another forum I have noticed that Americans seem to like their ubbs to be about one topic and one topic alone. PT as an example seem to disaprove of the format we have here because the site is more general.

Taking your comments further, in order to appeal to a wider section of people we need to be more specific!
I understand perfectly what you're saying mate. I too have a keen interest in sport, but I never bother too go to any other sport forum (except the Geelong Football club forum) but it's good there is a section dedicated to sport.
This was not a slur at american poeple, im persuming HSE2 was just curious as to why there wasnt many Americans commenting in here, as I too have felt the same way. It's a great section and I'm sure theres alot we can learn from eachother. I'm sure alot more of you amercians love sport, so why can't we broaden our horizons outside of cars, even if this is a car forum.
The reason this section was created was so people would not post anything irrelevant to the sections name in a certain area.
Im presuming that's why we have the pub in the Australia section as there are so many off topic threads us Aussies like to post, but without having to go to the trouble of switching forums.
I would say about 40% of topics in the pub are irrelevant to cars, but keeping them in the Aussie section keeps us closer together.
Enough rambling on my part, but let's make this section as good as possible, the mroe we put in the more we will get out.
The European section has got going now, even if is still dominated by poeple outside europe, but with Persiverence that will change.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 21:09   #7 (permalink)
Scamper

Were too busy watching Sports to come out here to talk about it:s2:
Old 02-12-2002, 21:17   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
I would say about 40% of topics in the pub are irrelevant to cars, but keeping them in the Aussie section keeps us closer together.
Only 40%? LOL

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 21:27   #9 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon

Only 40%? LOL
Hahaha I agree here, 40% is way too low a percentage... after my time away while i moved back to bathurst I had 6 pages of threads to catch up on in the pub, I read the ones only relevant to cars and only ended up reading maybe 8-10 threads, the rest was crap that I just overlooked cos I didn't have the time to read through them all cos I was in the puter labs at the uni.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 00:51   #10 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Scamper
Were too busy watching Sports to come out here to talk about it:s2:
Ah good stuff then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub