What's your dream classic(s)? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2001, 17:34   #1 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

What's your dream classic(s)?

Assume you've come into big money and can have a four or six car garage with classic cars in it. What'll you get?

I'd go for a:

Hot pink or candy apple red flake late '50's Caddy convertible with fins to the sky and white leather upholstery and power everything and whitewalls

Same era Galaxie with the motor driven folding roof that fits into the boot (which leaves storage for about a carton of beer) in deep lime green with white leather upholstery and whitewalls (or maybe an Edsel - the ultimate in styling excesses in that era)

Signal red Triumph Stag convertible with 4.4 Leyland and 5sp Celica/Supra trans (not original, but a lot more fun) with stock
Stag alloys and stock fabric upholstery

'60's Alfa Spyder convertible, red or navy with white leather upholstery

and maybe something like a Cord.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2001, 19:31   #2 (permalink)
Ranchero Member

cool Hmmmm....decisions, decisions

Well, the first would be a 427 AC Cobra - my dream car. Heck, I'd even settle for a "kit," as long as it has a 427 or big-block Ford (no 351Ws for me....), and a 4-speed. An auto in a Cobra???:crazy1:

Next would be a '37 Ford coupe/street rod. '32s are neat, but I like to be a little different, and you don't see quite as many '37s around, although the numbers do seem to be increasing.

And, maybe a nice '50 or '51 Merc custom with a late-model DOHC 4.6, air bag suspension, etc. There is a really bitchin' Merc that hits some of the Phoenix-area events and it really is sweet....

Sorry, but gotta throw in a Bowtie as well: '66 Chevy Nova. My dad used to have one that he raced - even in the early 70's he was turning 12.50' @109 MPH.....and it was driven on the street every day. Well built 327, 4-speed, 5.13 gears - sucked on the freeway but around town.......:s6:

Guess we can't leave out the Mopar bunch: Hemi Cuda. 'Nuff said.:s3

Hmmmmm....maybe I shoulda bought a Powerball ticket tonight.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 07:19   #3 (permalink)
Classic Mustang Member

One and only one.

One I would give my left nu......., well you know what I mean, for. One, that when I parked it in that 3 or 4 car garage nothing, and I mean nothing, will be parked next to it. That one, straight from the factory, concourse spec down to the last bolt, 1970 Dodge Challenger! 426 Hemi, pistol grip factory 4 speed, white exterior, black interior. Is this beginning to sound familiar? Yup, shades of "Vanishing Point". I about died when that car, in the movie, hit the dirt the very first time!

Forgive me Mr. H.

68 Mustang Coupe...My Show Car. ............................
ZoNiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 19:08   #4 (permalink)
xtonkax

Partial to the 57 Chevy. My dad had one when he was a youngster, complete with dual exhaust out the sides. Sold it. DOH! If only... if only....
Old 12-11-2001, 20:07   #5 (permalink)

#1: My '94 Ford Probe GT - totally stock, loaded
#2: '47-'50 Hudson Commodore, MTX, 2DR or convertible
#3: late '30's Talbot-Lago
#4: '69 Merc Cyclone (had a blaze orange one back in the day, but ATX - next time MTX)
#5: Shelby Viper (a good friend has one and I'm dyin' to test drive it)
#6: '02 Corvette
#7: late '30s Rolls
#8: '61 Continental hardtop convertible, suicide doors
#9: '71 Challenger R/T Special Edition (less than 100 made)
ladyjazz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 20:53   #6 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xtonkax
Partial to the 57 Chevy. My dad had one when he was a youngster, complete with dual exhaust out the sides. Sold it. DOH! If only... if only....
Mmmmm! Forgot that. About that era. Convertible. Red and white. Nice.

This is like what's the best film. Always something else to remind you.

On the 70's Challengers mentioned. We had Chrysler Charger (2 door hardtop) around that time, which in full house straight 6 form I think was reputed to be the fastest and/or quickest production six in the world at the time. Triple Webers from memory. They were built for Barthurst, a (then) 500 mile enduro for production cars and 500 had to be built or sold to qualify. Didn't brake or handle though, and couldn't beat Ford or Holden (GM). Standing 1/4 in maybe 14's - not sure.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 21:08   #7 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

The only other cars that I would let share a garage with the probe;

Attached Images
File Type: jpg car3.jpg (40.0 KB, 118 views)
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 20:37   #8 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Hrmm...

I would have to say that i would have my Impala, Wifes Impala, 64 Vette, Ford XR8, BMW m5 and Aston Martin Vanquish
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 17:03   #9 (permalink)

Decisions, decisions....

1. An AC Cobra 427 for sure or a Robnell kit if i couldn't get a real one. Have to be blue like the one in Trey's pic.
2. Can't decide between a '55 and '57 Chev, would have to be a blown big block, pillarless coupe.
3. Hotrod - 34 Ford 3 window coupe, 3" top chop, probably black with flames. Motor would have to be a Ford, probably a 351 Clevo.

I'm sure there are many other cars that I would own I just can't think of them at the moment!

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 15:06   #10 (permalink)
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez

Thumbs up

hmm.

since i already have a classic in my garage, this is one of two cars that i would allow to grace my floorspace:

i know it's the new one, but i want the original GT40MkII - 427cid of pure hell on wheels!

heh heh heh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gt40_53.jpg (21.1 KB, 83 views)
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub