Wheels - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2002, 07:34   #1 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Wheels

Couldn't beleive it. Picked one up today at Spencer street train station and the performance # of the Skyline were incredible! 4.4seconds 0-100 10.4 secdons 0-160 and 12.7 1/4. Damn that's quick.

I havnt read the whole article but I am presuming it is a regular V-spec. HSV monaro on the other hand was a typical 5.8 0-100 run for wheels. I'm sure if motor were testing this skyline they may have cracked 4 seconds flat and a low 12 1/4.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2002, 08:02   #2 (permalink)
gone

Damm that it is quick

Imagine what a bit of modification could produce., pitty I carnt fit into one!!!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 08:10   #3 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
Damm that it is quick

Imagine what a bit of modification could produce., pitty I carnt fit into one!!!
you poor bugger. For me it's a case of "pitty i cant afford one".

Seriously though, they had it on the dyno and they reckon it was closer to 300kw than the factory claimed 206kw. I thkin they said it had more power at thw wheels than it's claimed crankshaft power claim.

So much for the "gentlemans agreement" thing for japanese manufacturers. Hmmmm....
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Old 03-30-2002, 09:27   #4 (permalink)

No it wasnt a standard GTR V-Spec, it was a 'N1' which has bigger turbos and more boost than standard, blueprinted engine and is also lighter due to carbon fibre bonnet (which looks shit), no stereo or A/C.
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 09:29   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
you poor bugger. For me it's a case of "pitty i cant afford one".

Seriously though, they had it on the dyno and they reckon it was closer to 300kw than the factory claimed 206kw. I thkin they said it had more power at thw wheels than it's claimed crankshaft power claim.

So much for the "gentlemans agreement" thing for japanese manufacturers. Hmmmm....
if you think about it, it produced 217 kws from the the wheels. Take in for the account of 32 degree day (bad for turbos) and its 4WD, it should be producing 300KW's+ at the fly. Bloody amazing. How can they decide to take the king of jap sports cars to a.......monaro!!! bloody joke i say!:)
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 16:39   #6 (permalink)
RACE

Quote:
Originally posted by snavy

if you think about it, it produced 217 kws from the the wheels. Take in for the account of 32 degree day (bad for turbos) and its 4WD, it should be producing 300KW's+ at the fly. Bloody amazing. How can they decide to take the king of jap sports cars to a.......monaro!!! bloody joke i say!:)
Exactly what I was thinking. It;s a pity the GT-R never made it to Nissan showroooms in oz.
Old 03-30-2002, 17:26   #7 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Devestating bit of gear the GTR. Even the "standard" GTR and V-Spec are and have always been one of the most capable vehicles ever built. Just grab a hold of the Top Gear video test of the R34 GTR and you'll see what the fuss is about (about 11meg, but worth every bit of it)

http://taner.equinix.com/topgear/Top...an_Skyline.avi

I find it interesting that a lot of people find it necessary to rubbish them purely because they don't have a certain badge, or a certain number of cylinders.. knuckle dragging idiots..
Old 03-30-2002, 20:55   #8 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Sparkle

I find it interesting that a lot of people find it necessary to rubbish them purely because they don't have a certain badge, or a certain number of cylinders.. knuckle dragging idiots..
Same here, I've always thought of the GTR as the ultimate supercar even though I don't really like Nissans.
Old 03-30-2002, 21:48   #9 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin
No it wasnt a standard GTR V-Spec, it was a 'N1' which has bigger turbos and more boost than standard, blueprinted engine and is also lighter due to carbon fibre bonnet (which looks shit), no stereo or A/C.
Yes I know is was an N1 but I couldnt be btohered syaing GTR V-spec II N1. What I meant though was it was a regular from factory, as in unmodified from it's stock equiptment which it was.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub