When is a Tickford Vehicle NOT a Tickford Vehicle - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2002, 13:05   #1 (permalink)
gone

When is a Tickford Vehicle NOT a Tickford Vehicle

There was some debate recently raised that a tickford vehicle should not undergo serious power modifaction., ie removing the 302 and dropping in a 351, and expect the Powers To Be at Ford and Tickford to be suitably impressed???

Personally I dont see the problem, what are your thoughts!!

How far due you think one should be able to modify a car?
:oo1:
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2002, 13:43   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
How far due you think one should be able to modify a car?
:oo1:
I think someone should be able to modify their car as much as they want. They paid the hard earned for it so they can do what they want IMO.
As for TVE & Ford to approve.. if you are looking for official recognition.. then depending on what you do you may be up for a few troubles if you've modded the crapper out of it, but if it's only minor things like exhausts and stuff I can't see a problem..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 14:13   #3 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Laminge,

I reckon stroking and forcing inducting the block thats on the vehicles should be definitly allowed, about a 351 block transplant i'm not sure. I mean not taking anythign away from the person who did done the conversion but the Club has a point about keeping originality.

My view is he should be included in the club under a special circumstance. I believe he is a dedicated ford enthusiest. I mean it's not like everyones going to go out and get an XR then drop a 351 Clevo in it.

My view let him in.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 15:51   #4 (permalink)
Powered by HAD

So long as he didn't drop an LS1 into it I'd be happy :dead: :s3

I agree with what EF said, It'd be a bit of a turnoff if after all that work your club wouldn't accept you...
Old 02-03-2002, 16:58   #5 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

I guess I can see both sides of the story..

On 1 hand, by removing a tickford enhanced 302, you are removing the "heart" of the XR. So its an XR in body only.

But then again, its STILL an XR!!

Also - The EB and ED XR8 had no engine modifications done by tickford (only minor chassis mods). So I guess it makes it ok for EB and ED's to have non tickford enhanced motors in them.

And if thats the case, theroetically speaking, a Blown 351 AU XR8 has the same ties to tickford as a stock as a rock EB XR8.

Hey... and if this hypothetial AU has tickford suspension, and the premuim brakes, it has even more ties to tickford than a stock EB XR8.
Old 02-03-2002, 17:12   #6 (permalink)

Is it just me or have others misread the question? My understanding of Laminge's original question will the bosses at Ford & Tickford approve of mods to your XR/T-Series, even radical ones like engine transplants. I think they would if done sensibly ie engineer reports with upgraded brakes and suspension. After all there was the sighting of a V10 AU test mule the other day.
As for letting these cars into Tickford clubs - let them in. It would be boring if we all had showroom stockers with no mods.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 17:18   #7 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Hmmmm, good topic.

How about "When is a non Tickford Vehicle a Tickford Vehicle"

If I dropped an XR6 engine an the EB Gli, did up the brakes and suspension with Tickford bits, retrimmed with Tickford bits, then stuck some Tickford badges on it could it then be considered a Tickford vehicles for club membership etc?

If not, then why should an original Tickford vehicles that receives similar mods still be eligible?

Not saying I support one view or the other just that it is a controversial area and one that is open to ,what I would consider, double standards.
Old 02-03-2002, 17:33   #8 (permalink)

An engine swap in an XR would seriosly affect resale. Personally I wouldn't touch it. Think it is important for XR club members to maintain the integrity of the car and stick with Tickfords original vision. That's not to say I object to minor performance mods. I'd buy a Forte if I was into serious engine swaps/mods. Leave the XR for what it is. In future years these cars will be sort after in the same way classic GT's are today. Just a thought. White boy
white vct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 17:46   #9 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Quote:
Originally posted by RAPTOR
Hmmmm, good topic.

How about "When is a non Tickford Vehicle a Tickford Vehicle"

If I dropped an XR6 engine an the EB Gli, did up the brakes and suspension with Tickford bits, retrimmed with Tickford bits, then stuck some Tickford badges on it could it then be considered a Tickford vehicles for club membership etc?

If not, then why should an original Tickford vehicles that receives similar mods still be eligible?

Not saying I support one view or the other just that it is a controversial area and one that is open to ,what I would consider, double standards.
Basically a genuine Tickford vehicle is a vehicle thats been through the Tickford garage after going throught he ford factory.
A Fairmont that has a Genuine Tickford body kit, suspension and wheels is classified as a genuine Tickford vehicle like Rastus's Black Fairmont.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 17:50   #10 (permalink)

If it came from the factory as a Tickford vehicle, and its got the VIN to prove it, then it would be a Tickford Vehicle so long as its still got that VIN. I dont see why changing the engine should void its 'Tickfordness'. What about if the engine was blown and they had to get a replacement? What would happen in that situation?

So long as its still got a Ford motor, and the original VIN, then IMO its still a Tickford vehicle.

If you have to get a heart transplant, are you no longer classed as the same person as with the original heart??

I think HSV dont class their vehicles as Genuine if they have mods and more than 150,000kms.
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub