Who gives good customer service? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2002, 14:31   #1 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Read Who gives good customer service?

We've seen the stories about some Ford dealers and the same from Holden dealers.

Now for the $64,000 question.....

Who has experienced consistantly good service from one of the other brands?

Which one should the Ford and Holden networks be benchmarking themselves off?

I've only experienced Holden Service in Australia and Mitsubishi in New Zealand. Didn't have many probs with Mitsi, my dealer in Auckland even used to give me trade price on parts because I was in the Air Force.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2002, 15:45   #2 (permalink)
The Third Power

you bored brendan
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 16:02   #3 (permalink)

Can't really comment personally as I work for a dealer. My Father found that the local Audi service has improved in the last 3 months. Previoulsy they did the service without stuffing the car, a black TT, but now they give it a very good wash and vac and really look after the car. Even let him in the workshop to check any problems on the car, tyres and brakes!
Old 01-19-2002, 07:08   #4 (permalink)

me!

if you call the Grain Freigh Rebate you will be greeted by a friendly voice (me) who will strive to assist with any queries you may have. hehe

on a more serious note, i can't really comment becuase i've never owned anything else but a ford. i take my car to thomson ford for warranty repairs, and although they are not as good as my usual mechanic, they are pretty good! sometimes you have to twist their arm, but it's all good. oh, and i love dealing with the same person every time! it adds that personal touch some places lack...
Old 01-20-2002, 15:21   #5 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

My worst experience was from a Holden Dealer, I was buying a Ford Telstar off them, I'll never go back.

Next was when the Missus wanted a Magna Sports (don't laugh). We were stuffed around and lied to by four different dealers (no wonder they aren't selling them).

I have bought my last three cars (all Fords) from the same salesman, even when he moved away from our local area. As long as I keep buying Fords he will have my business. The good thing is that his dealership services fleet cars in my area so when the car needs a service, I get their mobile service come to me.
Old 01-20-2002, 17:28   #6 (permalink)

Not a car dealer

OK , this may not be quite relevant but if you are talking great customer service I reckon Maccas would have to be up there with the best. Except Maccas at Dickson which has stuffed up every drive-through order I have ever had, OK for walk through but.

IMO they are defenitely the pick of the fast food crowd.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 20:49   #7 (permalink)
Champion Goose

Northside Honda (Brisbane) have been fantastic in the limited dealings i've had with them regarding my Prelude. I only go to them for parts but the service is top notch and the sales assistants are only too happy to answer any questions i had regarding their new vehicles as well as questions i had regarding their warranties and tips on installing the parts (in one case a fan motor which gave me the shites for a while because mine was differently setup to the one covered in the Hayes manual i bought). The staff i dealt with were all friendly and knowlegeable and if they didn't know something they asked someone who did and came to me straight away with the answer as opposed to bullshitting their way out of it. As a younger member of the public (20yrs) i was impressed by this because usually we get ignored by sales staff or given the run around.

I've noticed that women also get given the run around a fair bit, my best mates mum (who's japanese) went to a Toyota dealer wanting a large car and got spun a load of crap by the salesman
about how an Avalon and Camry were to big for her (at this time she owned a Fairlane)!!!! In the end she bought a Commodore wagon because the Holden salesman was nice to her, listened and answered all her questions no matter how trivial.

Lately i've found Maccas to be pretty bad in the customer service stakes around here.
XAHardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 00:36   #8 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

City Ford Crown Street in Sydney has been very good to me along with the Mascot service people. No real complaints yet, however I have a test for them real soon which may strain the relationship (they should be able to do things right though).

I'm very interested in listening to FTE customers because I have heard fantastic things about the customer service. I spent more on my XR8 than an FTE, however I don't qualify (damn).

Next time FTE for me....... Will there be an FTE wagon?

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 01:21   #9 (permalink)
"Bloody Beautiful"

FTE Doncaster,

Only had the car for a short while, but have had it back 3 times for warranty issues.

Booked in within 2 days of my phone call, got to meet the mechanic who works on your car, you can stay with them the whole time if you wish. Loan car at no charge. Generally a pleasing experience. Dedicated FTE service manager even called twice to say they had found some other issues that would be fixed while there. Follow up calls to see if all is well. You anly deal with the same 2 people each time and they get to know your car quite well.

With the XR6 always had it serviced at Herrods, they too are very professional and keep you in formed and pricing is quite competitive.
TE50 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 05:06   #10 (permalink)
MkII Cortina Owner

Hey,

Maccas at Broadmeadow usually give a few extra cheeseburgers at no cost......

L8a,
Prud
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub