Who reckons TV home improvement shows are faked? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2002, 20:13   #1 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Who reckons TV home improvement shows are faked?

One of my kids loves Groundforce, Backyard Blitz, whatever it is with the lovely and highly desirable Ms Suzy Wilkes with whom I am deeply in love, and last night the new show where they tart up a house and flog it.

I've done a fair bit of renovation and building and gardening, not that you'd realise it if you saw my place, and I'm buggered if I can see how they do a lot of the stuff for the money and in the time.

I reckon there's a lot more labour used than they let on, and the prices are rubbish. Working out the quantities, sourcing and buying the materials, arranging the deliveries and organising the trades would take more time than they've got for the whole job.

What do you think?
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2002, 20:21   #2 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

oh yeah - that auction show!! that must be rigged!!

how did they really manage to install an entire kitchen, paint it, tile a bathroom, and install bathroom cabinet, paint and carpet a bedroom, pave and landscape the backyard, and put new timber for the deck and paint it all in under 12 hours?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

and all that for undeer $10k too!! yeah right!!
Old 02-13-2002, 20:22   #3 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

oh yeah... and the kitchen and the bathroom didnt have any windows in that house?? what was the go with that??

maybe it was just a set in a studio
Old 02-13-2002, 20:26   #4 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8chic
oh yeah - that auction show!! that must be rigged!!

how did they really manage to install an entire kitchen, paint it, tile a bathroom, and install bathroom cabinet, paint and carpet a bedroom, pave and landscape the backyard, and put new timber for the deck and paint it all in under 12 hours?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

and all that for undeer $10k too!! yeah right!!
And it won't last, e.g. Paint your verndah and put furniture on it a couple of hours later, then see what happens when you move it a couple of days later and take the paint with it.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 20:29   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by EA S
..the lovely and highly desirable Ms Suzy Wilkes with whom I am deeply in love..
Oi!! Back off.. she's my girlfriend!!! :MUha:
What a doll!..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 22:12   #6 (permalink)

It's not faked as such just some of the minor details like factoring in labour costs aren't disclosed. Or hire of the bobcats, chainsaws, nailguns etc. They know in advance what is going to be done so they organise to buy the timber, plasterboard, paving, plants etc in advance. Plus they usually get a lot of help from neighbours, relos and friends.

One thing that does get me a little puzzled is why they keep that Pascall Fox chick on Groundforce. All the others are slaving their guts out while she f*cks around for the whole episode making some totaly useless shocking looking arty crafty farty thing out of a piece of junk.

That Changing Rooms show with EA S' and FM's GF is a shocker. I've never seen a makeover that looks any good. Must be a lot of couples that have ex-friends now after ruining the house. I'd like to know what happens if the makeover turns bad and the people can't stand it, dod they have to live with it or will the TV show pay for someone who knows what they're doing to fix it? I wouldn't let my neighbours or friends near my house for a makeover in a pink fit!

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 22:45   #7 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
One thing that does get me a little puzzled is why they keep that Pascall Fox chick on Groundforce.
She's... um... err... quite well endowed...:s4

But I agree with you about the crap she makes.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 23:50   #8 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Quote:
Originally posted by 3Toed

She's... um... err... quite well endowed...:s4

But I agree with you about the crap she makes.
Is she ????? cough ??? yes!!!...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 00:03   #9 (permalink)

There might be a bit of eye candy on these shows (Suzie especially), but I can't stand watching 'em.
All these around the house/do some work shopws are bad news. All it does is put idea's into the wifes head about what can be done around our own humble abode.
Russell.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 01:13   #10 (permalink)
GTHO4

Mmmm...Suzie Wilkes

As for the shows.... CRAP!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub