Who wants to come to the PROVING GROUND??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2004, 22:57   #1 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)

Who wants to come to the PROVING GROUND???

Hey all, long time no post! Those who have been here forever will know who I am but some of the newies may not know me. My name is Felicity and I am the Education & Public Programs Manager at the Ford Discovery Centre in Geelong, VIC. I have been working for many many months on a new program for the Centre and am about to launch it to the public but decided to announce the details HERE first :s4

Exciting news from the Ford Discovery Centre

The Ford Discovery Centre is proud to announce its new Members Program. Designed for the true enthusiast, this program includes unlimited entry to the Ford Discovery Centre, member events such as speaker series and visits to places of interest, member discounts on merchandise, a regular newsletter with contributions from FPV and Ford Australia along with FDC (Ford Discovery Centre) news, and a lanyard and credit card style id card to prove membership. Future plans are being developed and will include special offers on limited edition and autographed merchandise amongst other things.

The program is due to hold its inaugural event in late May, an evening with the Ford Australia Design Team. If you have ever wanted to find out what goes on years before a car is seen on the road, this event is not to be missed! A presentation by the team will be followed by the chance to have a chat to the Design Team Members. This event will be held in Melbourne, at Ford Campbellfield. Regular Member events will be scheduled across a number of sites.

Sure to be another huge draw card, a second member event is planned for June. This event is to be held at the top secret Ford Proving Ground. Come with us as we tour around the Grounds while guides explain the processes involved in testing vehicles prior to release.

One, two and three year memberships are available for individuals and families. Discounts apply for current Ford employees, concession card holders and out of state members.

To celebrate the launch of this new program we are offering lucky prize draws to win autographed merchandise to all new memberships purchased prior to 21st May, 2004.

Details will be posted on our new Ford Discovery Centre website in the near future www.forddiscovery.com.au but in the meantime a PDF version of the brochure may be obtained by emailing me <a href="mailto:fdcinfo@deakin.edu.au" style="color: red">here</a>

Membership costs are approximately equivalent to only 7 times usual entry to the Centre, before any discounts for longer term memberships and out of state/staff/concession members.

Don't miss out JOIN NOW!

I will be away from the office until 14th April so if I don't reply straight away please don't panic!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2004, 23:02   #2 (permalink)

Re: Wo wants to come to the PROVING GROUND???

can't miss out on this! :D
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 23:04   #3 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)

damn... spelt Who wrong in the subject. Ah well, I was hanging out to post the info, forgive me :s5
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 23:31   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Thanks for posting Felicity, always good to see Ford doin things for their Fans!
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:09   #5 (permalink)
Leafspring Owners Club

The whole Ford ownership and fellowship just keeps getting better.

Damn wished I lived in Melb, but might be interested in our of state membership.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:33   #6 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Re: Who wants to come to the PROVING GROUND???

Sound's very interesting,I'm excited.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 03:38   #7 (permalink)
In Pursuit of excellence

sounds good, count me in
BA Pursuit, Blueprint,Silver stripes, Prestige sound, Leather, Sports s/wheel
cams290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 03:49   #8 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Hi Flick,

Yeah wouldn't mind joining up, but since i'm living interstate i don't think i can attend all of the events. Still it sounds very exciting.

Cheers,
Gary.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:02   #9 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Being a local I must say it might be of value even though I probably go to the Discovery centre less than once a year.

So Flick, where have you been anyway? Don't say you've come back for a plug and you'll be gone with the wind again?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:10   #10 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Who wants to come to the PROVING GROUND???
Me!!! Sounds very interesting.

/Hoping 2nd event at proving ground is a track day!
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub