Who's got V8 Supercars 2 on ps2? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2004, 01:36   #1 (permalink)
i pity tha fool

Who's got V8 Supercars 2 on ps2?

just wanna say its a great game and a vast improvement over V8s 1. never bought it tho, but it felt just like the old toca touring cars(with the old.. brake, then turn, then accelerate. dont DARE mix).. but the new one is awesome!! bathurst is hilly as ever(which is how it should be), and its even got my home track of barbagallo, which is suprisingly fun to drive on..

im now about 60-something percent through the career mode and finally made it to the v8s.. (dont worry folks, you can hop in any supercar on any aussie track and take it for a spin without even starting a career.. single and multi player) but im not gonna do it yet coz my mate will want to copy the game at this point onto his memcard.. but damn it gets hard!

anyone else got it yet on ps2? what did you find easy? fun?

i hated the indy/nascar series.. especially the bowl races.. touch anything and you're out!! but the street races and formula fords are fun.. DTM is very exciting to drive.. but nothing beats the V8s.. zoom zoom.

Previous ride: EBII V8 Manual Ghia spring roll.
Current ride: 1970 ZC 351 Fairlane Custom.. (estimated 350ftlb @ 2000rpm.. max torque 420ftlb at 4500rpm.. with standard exhaust manifold!)
jmartion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2004, 04:29   #2 (permalink)

Re: Who's got V8 Supercars 2 on ps2?

Yeh i bought it on sunday.... While I was watching the Bathurst 1000 on TV, ads for v8 supercars 2 kept coming and coming, so i went down to games wizards and bought... I even got $10 off (paid $89.95) coz of the bathurst hehe... been playing it since (mostly just driving around). GREAT GAME is all i got to say, so everyone reading this, just go out and buy it.... One feature i especially like is the clutch... I set up right analogue stick for accelerator, and left analogue stick for clutch, and try take off without stalling or spinning.... and each car seems to have a different clutch arrangement too, just fab..
micmansour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:45   #3 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

Is it the same as number 1 where you seem to accelerate really quickly and have to watch how you turn ?

See in GT3 the cars are quick but you can still take a corner easily. In V8SC 1 it seems way more harder to drive and stay on the track at speed.

Number one def isn't friendly to play VS GT3 or any other car game I've played.
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:51   #4 (permalink)
Screw hyundai.get a mitsu

I brought it the day it came out...$87 which i though was good deal from target...only just finished the DTM bit..think i'm now doin the one off jag race..haven't attempted it yet...i think its a sick arse game anyways...the graphics are real good..and its good drivin on surfers and the NT...only lacks one thing...should come with a huge arse tv..hehe
Old 10-14-2004, 05:08   #5 (permalink)
i pity tha fool

that one off jag race is hard!! ya gotta push the car faster and faster round corners than what you think it'll take..

yeh.. v8s 2 is definately more friendly than the last one..

surfers is an awesome track.. didnt know the track layout and won anyway.. something about fluking the fosters chicanes, bouncing between opponents cars..

Previous ride: EBII V8 Manual Ghia spring roll.
Current ride: 1970 ZC 351 Fairlane Custom.. (estimated 350ftlb @ 2000rpm.. max torque 420ftlb at 4500rpm.. with standard exhaust manifold!)
jmartion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:11   #6 (permalink)
Screw hyundai.get a mitsu

LOL....i just use the other cars to break...esp on the A1 ring...car just keeps gettin airborn on it...
Old 10-14-2004, 05:22   #7 (permalink)
R.I.P Dimebag

I played multiplayer with my brother the other day and my game got wiped (should read warnings!), apart from that the game is pretty impressive, good graphics and quite fun to play.

There was a thread on this a week ago wasn't there?
Devil_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:37   #8 (permalink)
Curry in a hurry.

Ive been having a ball playing it on pc. Taking a corner sideways is great fun. Think im up to 87% so I should have it finished soon but its getting hard now. I must say I really enjoy driving the forumula fords ad well. Maybe we should all choose a track and same car and see who can get the best lap just for a bit of fun.
gabbs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 14:28   #9 (permalink)
Long live the AU!!

Yep, my bro has it on xbox, AWESOME GAME!

> Piccies <
hambo_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 18:33   #10 (permalink)
Formerly ef_ghiaI6

have it on xbox
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub