Who's for an XR Club in NZ??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2002, 00:27   #1 (permalink)
Australian XR8 Member

Who's for an XR Club in NZ???

Okay, so one for NZ's rather stretched, but its a start.

Maybe we could get something going? I'm in Wgtn, but intend going to Akl and Manfield for the racing. Would be good to meet others interested in Falcons/XRs.

I'm not volunteering for spending a lot of time on this and don't know the best way of 'launching' such a club, but I'm sure a few of us could get the ball rolling?

Post back if interested in something.
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2002, 14:01   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

I don't have an XR but it is not a silly idea.I'm surprised there isn't one already as I see plenty of XR6 and XR8 Falcons on the road.I used to be in the Ford Muscle Car club which had a few owners with XR Falcons.That reminds me that the Ford Muscle Car club is hosting an All Ford's day at Blake park in Mt Maunganui .I'll get details and post them up.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 14:29   #3 (permalink)

I'm definitely interested. I've been thinking about it for a while now, but, like you AUII XR8, I'm don't have a lot of time to do all the organising of such a thing... But I'd definitely support it well. I would say FMC-NZ wouldn't be against a bit of support either if it got going well.

I'll be interested to see the details about the Ford Muscle Club All Ford Day.
NZ XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 15:31   #4 (permalink)

Yep I'd be into that, was actually just wondering if we had a club here.
Maybe a good start would if the head honchos of the Aussie clubs could offer some advice on getting started, I'm sure they wouldn't mind sharing their experiences for a good cause.
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 15:44   #5 (permalink)
Congo Green BA XR6 Turbo

We have been talking with two people from an FTE dealership in NZ since October last year and this is already in the pipelines. If you would like some information so you can register your interest and support with them e-mail me and i will give you there e-mail address.
www.tickfordclub.com.au
SA Tickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 00:15   #6 (permalink)
Australian XR8 Member

Re: Who's for an XR Club in NZ???

Quote:
Originally posted by EL XR6
Yep I'd be into that, was actually just wondering if we had a club here.
Maybe a good start would if the head honchos of the Aussie clubs could offer some advice on getting started, I'm sure they wouldn't mind sharing their experiences for a good cause.
Yes I thought some way down the track it could be possible to glean some info off some successful Aust XR clubs - learn from their experiances and what works well, what doesn't etc.

I've been thinking about this for a couple of years now. Every race meet on the 'Summer Series' I go to has an HSV and/or Holden club 'gathering' going. These guys have a good time together and there vehicle display always attracts a good crowd of race spectators. (not on the whole desireable having a huge crowd groping your car, rings, zippers, watches poised for an accidental scratch when the viewer gets a lil over enthusiastic). They also do track days, and other outings. Not sure but there does seem to be a Holden NZ infuence there as well. I expect Ford NZ would be a bit slow in support of anything much until something was off the ground.

One idea though would be to try to get a 'current owners' list from somewhere and canvass the owners.
Old 01-06-2002, 01:01   #7 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

I found out by seeing an Email sticker on the back of a car I guess it all started and expanded from there.
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 13:08   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
We have been talking with two people from an FTE dealership in NZ since October last year and this is already in the pipelines. If you would like some information so you can register your interest and support with them e-mail me and i will give you there e-mail address.

I have made contact with one of the above metioned people, those who are interested PM me & I'll give you more details.
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 13:09   #9 (permalink)

I just heard back form the guys at Avery Ford. They've been trying to get a club going for a while...

Hi Geoff. Yes we are fairly well down the track with this but got bogged down in the official approval process before Christmas. I am away on leave from 10 January until 1 February so donít anticipate making much more progress before I get back. It WILL happen as there is very little left to do now before we can announce the official launch. I will keep you informed. Please come back to me if you have any suggestions or ideas as to how you would like to see the club be run ar what sort of events etc. you would like to see happen. Happy New Year. Steve.
NZ XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 13:26   #10 (permalink)
Steve Dean

NZ Tickford Car Club

To all you wonderful XR and Tickford car owners in NZ....hold the phone! There is an NZ club being formed and it will be up and running by March 2002 (hopefully). I will keep you informed and would welcome expressions of interest. The only hold up at this stage is that I am going on annual leave until 1 February and won't be able to do anything over that time. I look forward to bringing you more info. in Feb. and to meeting a whole bunch of you Fantastic Ford Fans in the not too distant future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub