Why???? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2001, 22:58   #1 (permalink)
Crazy Bastich

mad Why????

why does ford give all the subcompact cars all the horsepower over in Europe and Aussie land, but in the US of A we get the lower HP cars?? WTF??/ Can someone enlighten me on this??

[B]98.5 Silver Frost Contour SVT

awaiting heart transplant.....
90 SHO
EX 93 Modded ATX SHO
84 5.0 TBird
SVTPerformance.com
RTStabler51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2001, 00:54   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

It does seem strange RTStabler.There have been some awesome Ford's put out in Europe which seem to find there way down under.The Focus is in the US so you may get some good things come your way in this car.Do you follow the World rally?.I'm hoping we mite get some people in here that own some of these Cosworth powered cars. I have owned one myself and it was pretty well setup.I found a site on the net where a guy had worked his Cosworth Sierra to put out 504 hp and 667 Nm of torque. This was for road use and they can put out up to 550 hp in race trim. UNREAL!!
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 01:07   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

eek

Crikey!!.. that's some mean horsies coming from a road going sierra.. :eek:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 10:15   #4 (permalink)
Crazy Bastich

I have been lately watching the WRC on speedvision. Looks like a lot of fun. I think i'm gonna move down to Australia and get away from all the political bull **** here in the states. Plus you haves have the Falcon down there too !!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Block Ford
It does seem strange RTStabler.There have been some awesome Ford's put out in Europe which seem to find there way down under.The Focus is in the US so you may get some good things come your way in this car.Do you follow the World rally?.I'm hoping we mite get some people in here that own some of these Cosworth powered cars. I have owned one myself and it was pretty well setup.I found a site on the net where a guy had worked his Cosworth Sierra to put out 504 hp and 667 Nm of torque. This was for road use and they can put out up to 550 hp in race trim. UNREAL!!

90 SHO
EX 93 Modded ATX SHO
84 5.0 TBird
SVTPerformance.com
Old 06-06-2001, 00:40   #5 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by RTStabler51
I have been lately watching the WRC on speedvision. Looks like a lot of fun. I think i'm gonna move down to Australia and get away from all the political bull **** here in the states. Plus you haves have the Falcon down there too !!!!

LOL. Yep the Falcons down under are awesome cars and looks like they will get even better.We do love the cars you guys have in the US tho. Mustangs are held in high regard here in New Zealand and Australia. What is the Contour you have a pic of like.
Old 06-06-2001, 00:41   #6 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man
Crikey!!.. that's some mean horsies coming from a road going sierra.. :eek:
I reckon.He had all the dyno figures.
Old 06-06-2001, 00:51   #7 (permalink)
Crazy Bastich

Well, Dont you guys have the Mondeo ST24 or ST200 down there? I know they do over in Europe which i Believe is the same thing as the Contour SVT. Its a nice little car. Its place is on a road course though. Its a very good handling car. Fairly quick for what it is < a small 4 door sedan>. I ran a 15.47 @ 89 last week in the 1/4. It is geared very low tho. 4.06 so when I'm doing 85mph on the highway i'm turning about 3500-3750rpm, which is alot i believe for cruising.
I just want to get my TBird back on the road and get back to V8 & Rear wheel drive power!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Block Ford

LOL. Yep the Falcons down under are awesome cars and looks like they will get even better.We do love the cars you guys have in the US tho. Mustangs are held in high regard here in New Zealand and Australia. What is the Contour you have a pic of like.

90 SHO
EX 93 Modded ATX SHO
84 5.0 TBird
SVTPerformance.com
Old 06-06-2001, 01:56   #8 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
Well, Dont you guys have the Mondeo ST24 or ST200 down there? I know they do over in Europe which i Believe is the same thing as the Contour SVT. Its a nice little car. Its place is on a road course though. Its a very good handling car. Fairly quick for what it is < a small 4 door sedan>. I ran a 15.47 @ 89 last week in the 1/4. It is geared very low tho. 4.06 so when I'm doing 85mph on the highway i'm turning about 3500-3750rpm, which is alot i believe for cruising.
I just want to get my TBird back on the road and get back to V8 & Rear wheel drive power!!

I thought it was one of our Mondeo's by the looks. They are a bit tame compared to V8's.
Old 06-06-2001, 11:19   #9 (permalink)
Crazy Bastich

well bigger is better ya know from what i've heard tho, the Mondoes are quite nice. I really like their front bumper covers, and also the tail lights better also. Any way you could get me some parts from over t here?? :-)

90 SHO
EX 93 Modded ATX SHO
84 5.0 TBird
SVTPerformance.com
Old 06-08-2001, 02:49   #10 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
well bigger is better ya know from what i've heard tho, the Mondoes are quite nice. I really like their front bumper covers, and also the tail lights better also. Any way you could get me some parts from over t here?? :-)
Nothing's impossible RT.We can try to sort something out.I have a friend that goes to the US quite often and he brings parts back to NZ and sometimes cars.There is a new Mondeo out here now.it's just been launched.I'll find some pic's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub