Why I don't buy Shell - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2002, 18:26   #1 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Why I don't buy Shell

Is anybody else sick of Shell pushing their sweets specials and interrogating customers about whether they've a got a Flybuys card? Told the dork behind the counter the other day, after he'd gone through the routine with the bloke before me, that all I wanted was to pay for fuel, no lollies, don't have Flybuys. He just looks at me and asks if I want the TicTac special.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2002, 19:06   #2 (permalink)
Forever Ford Follower

Agreed. I like to usually annoy them them in the same way by trying to pay for something with as much change as possible.. and let them do the counting (hehe) :s6:
XLR8_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 19:12   #3 (permalink)
Powered by HAD

Quote:
Originally posted by XLR8_2001
Agreed. I like to usually annoy them them in the same way by trying to pay for something with as much change as possible.. and let them do the counting (hehe) :s6:
LMAO

I use this same tactic at Mc craps. I take my 5 cent collection down and dump it on the drive through window... :crazy1: :crazy1: :s3
Old 01-07-2002, 19:27   #4 (permalink)

Having mates who work at Shell, don't be too hard on the cashies, they have to fulfil a certain quota or they get in the shit.
TheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 21:42   #5 (permalink)
FPV

elvis

Thats true, its shell not the guy behind the counter you should be mad at,They are told to say that crap.

420+rwhp
YTRY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 22:24   #6 (permalink)
goooone

At least they have stood by DJR . I haven't used mobil since they dumped Seton
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 00:19   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

Its called up selling..

I am one of those dorks behind the counter..
Consol service operators are comming under more and more pressure to upsell, espically if they continue to do frequent mystery shoppers..

If upselling didn't work they would possibly stop doing it, but it does, customers are stupid. You want fries with that? uhuh.

The Consol serivce operator does:
-Not Own fly buys, does not care about fly buys
-Not set the price of oil, does not control world supply and demand, is not a member of OPEC and doesn't set tax rates.
-Serve on busy sites 500-1000+ customers in 8 hours, how many do you serve in your job? Some times the same console service operator may work 64+ hours a week
-Deals with idiots who can't use pumps, druggies, old ladies, bosses, people wanting bonus flybys or special deals, theives, small children, annoying children, annoying parents.

If you have a complaint, write to shell directly, they are the dumb arses that fail to make and ship enough Optimax so there are shortages, They set the price, They make the CSO do these stupid upselling.. CSO's userally want to make life as easy as possible for customers, say hi, was that on credit (90% of the time it is if its not cash), say something about the weather, get them to sign the paper, if its ~$50+ or they are a doctor or accountant or drive a fancy car ask if they want a tax reciept.. If not have a nice day, or ave a good one, or cheers, or catch ya later. 5 minutes later people come back in saying they wanted flybys.. Jesus!

Shell makes most of there money from sweets and instore sales.. So if you write in saying all you wanted to do is pay for food they would prolly put your letter in the DGAF pile.

They don't care, buy fuel from somewhere else, it really doesn't matter, however Car servicing and inshop sales are where the profits are.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 02:37   #8 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

I usually ask them a question back rhetorically like: Did I say I had flybys, or did I ask for fries!? NO.....
Still the poor buggers are doing thier job. maybe 30 years ago when you were a "dork" doing your first job, everyone did things differently. It's the 21st Century and no, that does'nt mean we have gotten smarter, it means we have to get with the times.:crazy1:
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 02:57   #9 (permalink)
Champion Goose

I am one of them dorks behind the counter too! (not at shell though) Must say that it pisses me off to the nth degree when some tool behind the counter asks if you want other stuff with your petrol too, but it is part of the job. Shop sales make way more money than fuel and that's what the bosses push for. So just accept it or go somewhere that doesn't ask ya the questions ya don't wanna hear. Bitch to the managers, not the dork behind the counter cause there aint much he/she can do. Most people generally understand our predicament, and i have to agree that there is many a dickhead that comes in (can't use a pump, thief, druggie, etc etc) of a night shift. Sorry if that sounded a bit narky (just got back from Summernats so i'm kinda tired).
XAHardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 03:08   #10 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

I once told the buy behind the counter at my local shell that they should get in the 1 litre bottles of powerade as well as the small ones.
He said yeh sure and got out all of this paper work and crap. I just told him that i didn't want it that badly to fill out some requesting form, what a joke. As if anyone would do that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub