WHY???? WHY WHY - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2002, 18:33   #1 (permalink)

WHY???? WHY WHY

Why did you guys origanally buy a ea/eb/ed? whats the reason, mine is it was a bargian and it was a fairmont ghia. i really wanted a xy or a xb xc and looked at heaps, even a valiant. but i settled on the eb, didnt like it at first but now i love it. the reason is cause there arnt many young guys driving them around and doing them up.

1973 XB Coupe Fairmont 302, koni shocks, lovell super low fronts, extra leaf and reset leaf spings, dual exhaust, advance headers. Resprayed Vivid Blue Pearl. 17x8 & 17x10 inch FR Simmons.
EB2Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2002, 18:48   #2 (permalink)
Master

reason

the reason i got mine was bcoz my dad gave it 2 me but i would have got 1 ne way. i like the shape of them and hardly ne1 does em up and i hate commodores.
Old 04-02-2002, 19:47   #3 (permalink)
AcidBurns

Re: reason

I saw her in the yard, and fell in love :) Coming from a 78 TE Cortina (4 Cyl), This was a beast!
Old 04-02-2002, 20:58   #4 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

Reason

Well I had my heart set on a XY to in my earlier years but once I got a taste of power steering A/C,and all the other extras that makes a new car so much more pleasent to drive I set my heart on something else.This became the form of an ED XR6 but one they were around $17000 and $2500 to insure.This put me off.But it must of been fate because I was talking to one of my work mates and we got on to the subject and as soon as he said EA S manual (rare) red (one of my favourite colours) and in good nic I had to see it.Next Saturday morning I ventured over and couldn't believe my eyes I feel in love straight away I could't believe how well kept it was and like new inside and out.I had to have it and for a third of the price she was mine.$5500 with 119000km 3 yrs ago.As soon as everyone found out I had bought it they were kicking themselves for not getting in first.It owes me more then $5500 probably close to nearly 10 over the 3 years,but now its quicker then an XR6 and I wouldn't swap it for quids.

CYA Lukey

Proud TQE Operator
lukeyn039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 21:16   #5 (permalink)
PHIL82

why

I was born driving a Suzuki Sierra, since from getting sick of it's SLOW 1.3L engine - with a money spending spree, I went to a car yard and asked the dealer for the car particulars I wanted:

6 cylinder engine
family car sedan
4 spd auto
power steering
air cond
towbar

The dealer pointed me to an EA II Ford Falcon and fell in love with it straightaway and was impressive by how the car rode when I had a test drive.
Old 04-02-2002, 21:39   #6 (permalink)
Ea EnVy

Re: why

well my reason was alos casue my dad gave ot to me... i had my eye set on an xe ghia even an esp.. i love them cars..still guna get one and iots guina be my toy.. but i luv the ea for now!! kills anything in looks..and its different
Old 04-02-2002, 21:55   #7 (permalink)

Ford lover, wanted an xf fairmont ghia bad! went to look around and not alot of luck. Was at dealer and walked past this car and went dam, next thing u know was in the drivers seat "testing" it out and the rest they say is history, and so far a good one. Now love the body shape, the ride the drive and refinement compared to pre ea falcons.
madEAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 06:55   #8 (permalink)

The reason I have an EA sitting in my driveway, not being driven anyway, is that it cost me 4 cases of VB :)
daihat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 07:50   #9 (permalink)

I wanted a VL or R31 Skyline soo bad when I was 16 but after searching with my parents for ages, we didn't really find any that stood out.

Then one day we came across a mint EA Fairmont Ghia in a yard and I fell in love with the car. We didn't buy it in the end because of my grandpa (ex mechanic) who said that we should avoid Fairmont Ghia's and Calais' because there is too much that can go wrong with them. THANKS ALOT GRAMPS!!!

A few weeks later, we came across my GL sitting in a yard and I quickly forgot about the Ghia. Dad test drove her and all was good. I learnt how to drive in her and Mum and Dad intended to hand it over to me for my 18th but because I had no job, I couldn't afford to run it. I got a job a few months later and then the old girl became mine. :D

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 07:57   #10 (permalink)
Brent79

I have a ford tx5 turbo and i only brought the EB wagon for business purposes. Since my tx5 was stolen and sorta trashed, ive ended up driving the wagon :)

Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub