Why won't Ford export? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2002, 18:02   #1 (permalink)
HSV eater

Why won't Ford export?

Before Geoff Polites was president, Ford was about to export the Falcon to the States and for some reason, the plan was axed. The Barra is ready to export and yet again, Ford wont. With the E265 coming soon, Ford could follow Holdens lead. I hope for their sake, they do start exporting to the states. And what ever happened to Verte? The AU was a primitive product and with the more European BA ute, they should be leaping at it. Does anyone know whats happening with the exports?
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2002, 18:38   #2 (permalink)

i'm guessing that the reason has something to do with needing to crack the australian market first before they can send them overseas, and seeing as there is a wait for the falcons as there is, how will be be able to keep up with both australian and international demands...
gossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 19:42   #3 (permalink)
****in Flat Out Racing

The most obvious market is the US. Just have a look at what the Yanks inflicted on the Monaro. They turned what is arguably the best looking car to come out of Australia, into an American Freakshow. Holden, for good reasons, are not happy.

There are also many stricter design rules and emission standards imposed on vehicles sold in the US. This would blow the development budget out of the water.

However, Falcon would surely be a success, its probably the last great rear drive platform in the Ford world.

Europe is probably not the best market - dominated by smaller capacity, more efficient vehicles.

It would be great to see the Falcon exported on a large scale.

Notice too, the influence that the American designers had on AU. I think they are as much to blame for its ugliness as Steve Park's design team. There are many similarities between AU and Taurus. I'm sure Taurus was released here to "warm us" to the AU looks. Although Taurus had no "edge design", the droopy arse and ovoid theme shine through on both cars.
FFOracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 21:00   #4 (permalink)
Forever Ford Follower

I have a feeling that the yanks really dont want to touch any of Ford Australia's cars because they are still up in arms due to the poor quality/sales of the capri back at the start of the early 90's.. it takes a bit for the americans get over things
XLR8_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:11   #5 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

Why don't we just send over a few XR8s and some XR6Ts and see what the yanks have to say??
Maybe they will really like them, surely sending about 100 or so over just to display wont be a big problem??
Old 11-03-2002, 01:30   #6 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Don't underestimate the power of the unions over there. The last thing they want is imported cars taking production dollars away from them!
Old 11-03-2002, 02:46   #7 (permalink)
Owner Of Tommy Turbo

Do we really want the Falcon all over the world? I don't. They are Australian cars now, lets leave them that way I say. It would be great to send a couple of samples over for the Yanks to drool over, and maybe knock around a few of their stangs, but thats it.

PS, can someone ban Mr Sparkle? I find his avatar quite offensive. Joking Sparksey. Actually, its cool, Im sure it's keeping someones kids away from the computer.
saleen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 02:56   #8 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

i dont think a falcon would ever be good enough to take away mustangs glory in the states
Old 11-03-2002, 02:59   #9 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Ford do export, you just don't hear about it. South Africa, UK, and I think South America recieve AUs, mainly utes.

Mr Sparkle is spot on, why do you think Holdens aren't badged as such in America and the Middle East? It's because of the unions and the public's patriotism for American made.

The Capri was a good example. The American public weren't told that they were built here, however the dealers knew. They used to make it known to potential buyers that it was Australian made and therefore inferior, when would steer them towards a good ol' made in the USA vehicle.

Me thinks the Monaro may suffer the same fate.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:14   #10 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Quote:
Originally posted by saleen1
PS, can someone ban Mr Sparkle? I find his avatar quite offensive. Joking Sparksey. Actually, its cool, Im sure it's keeping someones kids away from the computer.
Isn't it a ripper! Thought it would bring some giggles back to the forums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub