Why would a black hawk land in my street? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2003, 05:56   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Why would a black hawk land in my street?

Can someone explain why at 12:22 a black hawk (I think definately simular mititary- ie black, rockets, searchlight, muffled) spent 5mins at the end of my cudesack street looking into peoples backyards while hovering ~<20 m off the ground? You could feel the down draft..

Quite family neighbourhood.. quiet night, dark night cloudy..

Black Vy commodore V8, did a u-turn in my street then 5mins later cop car takes a peak in then drives on..

The chopper didn't seem interested in me standing in the middle of the street.. It definately saw me but still kept hovering.. looking.. Search light sweeping..

There are only so many explanations.. Military aircraft, definately not a regular undercover cop car(i know nearly all of them) normal police checking things out later tho..

Have they finally caught me out for doing 55 in the 50 zone?
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2003, 06:14   #2 (permalink)
On The Edge Of Adhesion

Re: Why would a black hawk land in my street?

Quote:
Originally posted by IPhido
Yes you naughty boy
V8RUMBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 06:52   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

OMG that's so cool.

And I thought it was cool when 2 blackhawks flew over the house at 300 feet. Damn the house was shaking with that, imagine 20 metres!

Blame terrorists.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 06:53   #4 (permalink)

Freaky.... Get any pics? I know I woulda had the camera out

Where abouts do you live?
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 07:03   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Why would a black hawk land in my street?

Quote:
Wait a sec, my dad was doing 70 in a 50 zone the other week.....

/me hides under the desk
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 09:06   #6 (permalink)

You weren't under the influence of some psycho-active substance were you? Too much X box? X files?
Old 03-15-2003, 11:02   #7 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Did you call the number on your fridge magnet?
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 12:27   #8 (permalink)
Ford Member

Actually it wasn't a black hawk.. It was thin and long, like a attack chopper.. Like a Apache.. How many of those do we have at richmond airbase? Can't be many can it?

Im going to have to ask why $10 million + of heavy duty attack chopper was looking into my back yard for 5 minutes.. Normally if it was the 7 news team or just a regular black hawk flying over low or maybe taking a quick peak, hey you could class that as normal.. but not a attack chopper early sunday morning for atleast 10 minutes in our small street.. And they did check out our back yard..

It was xtremely x-files. Black cars, choppers.. quiet suburbs.. I live in the hills area in sydney.. Very quiet, pretty upmarket family suburb..

Certainly not what normally requires best of australias rotory aircraft layden with missiles and 20mm cannon..

If I and my dad hadn't stood outside for the whole thing I wouldn't have belived it.. They were pretty careful with the search, its not a big area and they certainly took their time. With ground support comming in after it makes me belive it wasn't just a training thing.

But what are we to conclude? Either there is a Iraqi tank hiding in the 40 m of bush behind the houses at the end of the street and desert storm II is going to befought in suburban sydney or we are the first landing site of a invading alien species.. Or NSW has recently passed some pretty scarey new road and traffic laws.

None of the above gives me much comfort.. You will need more than a desk to hide from these guys tho who ever you are. It suprised me they didn't use the IR gear.. I thought they had to as a night chopper. Maybe they don't show up on IR vision...
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 14:39   #9 (permalink)

probably just someone on the run, it's happened around my house a few times. we're a few kays from long bay.
forrestd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 15:04   #10 (permalink)
Half Shark Alligator Man

Quote:
[B]
Either there is a Iraqi tank hiding in the 40 m of bush behind the houses at the end of the street and desert storm II is going to befought in suburban sydney or we are the first landing site of a invading alien species.. /B]

I knew the Aliens would be back for me , they are really quite friendly ......
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub