Will Hagon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2003, 16:20   #1 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Will Hagon

I am sorry, but this is reasonably long.

As many of you would know, Will Hagon is a respected motorsport commentator and motoring commentator/journo. Every second thursday on ABC radio I listen to his motoring talk, but now I am sick of his subtle, but also blatant disregard for listeners who like Ford. Usually I wouldn't start a troll like this, but I am sick of him.

Last night was a prime example of his lack of interest in Ford. Now being a motoring journo person you would think he would have some understanding of most, if not all car companies. I am not saying he has to like Ford, but he doesn't even seem to know a lot about Ford at all. He was talking about the Holden Adventra, and how impressive it was to him (fair point, I'm sure it is good) but he then mentioned that the Holden engineers and people to do with Holden are saying that every time they say something, Ford come out and tell them to prove it. Even in issues that don't involve Ford.

I would call this a good move by Ford, indicating that Ford has things up their sleeves, but not Willy....he seems to think that it is because Ford are nervous about Holden storming the market and killing Ford in sales etc. Here I cite the claim by Holden that the Adventra is the only 4wd developed and designed for local conditions. As we all know Ford took this to court because Territory has been developed for local conditions. Wouldn't this be a good strategic move by Ford, to make sure Holden don't steal the patriotic angle, rather than Ford being nervous. I think so.

Also last night he relayed another bit of info the Holden people talked about. This was about how Ford are strategically drip-feeding or actually releasing things whenever Holden bring something out (ie the Crewman or the Adventra). Again I would say this is extremely good marketing by Ford, if the competition produce something, you produce something equally or even more impressive. But again Willy interprets this as Ford being edgy and worried about Holden. No Will, I think this good strategic work.

Finally, when the GT came out a caller wanted to know info about it...."ah, sorry I don't really know, I haven't looked into it"......One of the most significant things Ford have done, bringing back the GT, and he doesn't even know about it. Then in the next month I think he finally had some info about it. This is the GT. One of the most significant cars in Australian motoring history being brought back, and a motoring journo doesn't even know about it.

I am sorry for writing this, if you think it is another useless rant, but my family are sick of me talking about Ford, and I had to release my anger somehow. Thanks for putting up with me people.

(PS: Sorry Willy, I forgot to mention, it is the RTV, not the "RJV or something...really rugged vehicle" and the Territory will be the Adventra's rival...yes Will, Ford will have a competitor for it.)
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2003, 04:21   #2 (permalink)
gone

Re: Will Hagon

Great Post

But unfortunately these people develop a indent in their seats and fail to step outside their comfort zones!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 04:39   #3 (permalink)
I wanna eat your children

long...but a good read...i havent listened to him before...but from what youve told us...he sounds like he is way too one sided....and all that stuff about Ford just releasing stuff because they are nervous etc....thats the stupidest Sh!TE ive ever heard....i think thats just regular business...of course u are going to release things to COMPETE with your COMPETITORS! thats the whole idea...now im gettin mad! what a D&*K. and doesnt ford have the escape and the territorY? im not sure about this....but i thought they were both Australian...?
Old 09-27-2003, 06:40   #4 (permalink)

"Will Hagon is a respected motorsport commentator and motoring commentator/journo"

If this is the case then he should have an unbiased opinion towards
all car manufacturers.
miks4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 16:27   #5 (permalink)
I am The Brain

I regards to the comment about Ford releasing stuff because they are nervous, he said the Holden people he talked to said this, and that he agreed with them. Nuff said there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwob
and doesnt ford have the escape and the territorY? im not sure about this....but i thought they were both Australian...?
The Escape is a re-badged Mazda Tribute, not made in Aus.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub