will there be an S-pack or SR? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2002, 00:11   #1 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

will there be an S-pack or SR?

hey guys and girls,

has anybody heard if ford are going to bring out an S-pack or a SR, or something similair agian, or are they going to drop this line and just replace it with a standard XR6??

cheers

steve
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2002, 00:20   #2 (permalink)
gone

What has this got to do with barra?

And why would they bring out a s pack again?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 00:27   #3 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

I don't see the need for an S-pack, as the XT and it's options provides a pretty broad range of starting points. Other than that, how about the base model XR6? A naturally aspirated bargain!
Old 10-02-2002, 00:27   #4 (permalink)
one day.......maybe

it's got plenty to do with barra and why not bring out an s-pack but not sure if they'll do it straight away. tho, you may be right youngun, the n/a XR6 might take its place since it doesn't hav a power increase over the standart 182 barra i6, as if it really needs it anyway.
FordXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 00:28   #5 (permalink)
plonky

I think the questions relates to the XT with V8 and manual with sports suspension. I'm not a fan of S Pack but GS or Superbird certainly sound better!
Old 10-02-2002, 00:28   #6 (permalink)

It has everything to do with Barra. He is asking about the model line up.
As for why would they bring out the S Pak again, why wouldn't they? The falcon SR did a magic job compared with the rest of the AU's. And Hoden don't have a competitor in the value for money category with the VY, so Ford should go for it. Only this time, drop in a V8.
There's an idea, drop the XT V8 and call it the SR or S.
Chinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 00:30   #7 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

yeah i personally think that they will just use the standard XR6, but was wondering if anyone knew for sure...

what has it got to do with barra??! well I was hardly asking about an AU or EL! obviously (well thats what I thought) it was to do with the BA S-pack or SR or what ever there may be...

They may not bring one out laminge, but does it hurt to ask?? some people dont know yet
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
Old 10-02-2002, 00:31   #8 (permalink)
gone

I still fail to understand why the need is required for an S pack, and why a barra s pack when the the whole range of Barra'a are action packed as they are!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 00:35   #9 (permalink)

I see where you are coming from Laminge, but it would be a real money maker for Ford considering there is no direct competion in the same class for it.
Chinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 00:36   #10 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

yeah thats ok if thats what you think, and i tend to agree with you a bit, but it still has some thing to do with barra.
I think they will end up using a standard xr6 which will be a good move for those wanting a more sporty car but not a turbo for some reason... whether insurance or what ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub