Is it worth comparing... Maloo VS XR8? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2001, 02:03   #1 (permalink)
Australian XR8 Member

mad Is it worth comparing... Maloo VS XR8?

Hey guys, if you can fetch your minds back to that thread i started about the XR8 ute's body styling Kit. You may remember i started that.
If you can't, i'll fill ya in ;-)
My dad has really recently purchased an XR8 ute, my dad knows quite a lot about motors in general, but hardly every researches cars unless he's buying one. [even so, he just picks what appeals to him] This being said, he sorta purchase this XR8 thinking that the only thing in comparison really was an SS. [200kw's for ford 220 [i think] for holden]
So today, he comes home and asks me what i know about maloo's.
So i tell him that i think they are a breed of HSV, etc. etc.
After explaining about all i know [very little, im a ford kid [im 14]]
I ask him why he asked.
So he goes on and tells me that this guy has a Maloo ute and he brang it round to his work...
i sorta sensed some dissapointment, after hearing this, i went to http://www.hsv.com
and found the official info on the maloo, the only thing i couldnt find was the specs
Now you guyz seem to be extrodinarily good at finding things for me [that XR8 picture RULED!], and i was wondering if you could dig up a comparison for me [however sad it is for our souls...]
Also, an honest analaysis wouldnt go astray

Thanx in advance fellas ;-)
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2001, 02:17   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

I honestly can't remember if they've ever gone head to head or not??
The XR8 ute should only be compared to the SS ute anyway. If you compare the XR8 to the Maloo you're comparing apples and oranges which wouldn't make for a fair test..

My 2.2c
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 06:50   #3 (permalink)
Green Falcon Driver

The new(VU) maloo's cost around $ 54,000 ( steep for a ute)... they have 255 kw's and also have IRS so they handle pretty much the same as there sedan siblings. They do 0-100 km's in 6.10 sec's and 1/4 mile in 14.37 sec's.

IMO they look **** (with a spioler on a ute? no way...) and the XR8 ute has all the looks and style... The XR cannot be compared to the Maloo as its almost $20,000 cheaper (retails for $36,000).

Wait for the T-series ute (i hope) and then we'll have a fair comparisan.... finally.
Old 07-24-2001, 07:19   #4 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

To compare a HSV Maloo to an XR8 ute, is like comparing a Clubsport to the XR8, definitly not apples and apples. At teh moment teh only ute would be the Herrod ute for a comparo.

I'll take the herrod thanks.:D

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 08:28   #5 (permalink)
ST170ish

I got the answer!

Well if the maloo is $20k dearer grab a AUII V8 one tonner add one stroker crank plus one capa blower then install a AUII sedan irs rear end!! bettcha still got change and more power!and the number plates must read.... EAT.HSV
ST170ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 04:48   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by EL-Phat
.......Wait for the T-series ute (i hope) and then we'll have a fair comparisan.... finally.
Oh yes.Let it be Tickford, let it be.That's when you'd have a fair test, even though the XR8 wouldn't let it's colours down anyway.
Can you say TU50!! :D
Russell.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 16:35   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Rastus
Can you say TU50!! :D
TU50!
Sorry... Couldn't resist..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub