Is it worth the money? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Whats the best deal?
Shelby GT500 2 22.22%
Saleen Mustang 05-07 2 22.22%
Ford GT 4 44.44%
other 1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 18:59   #1 (permalink)

Is it worth the money?

You pay $143,000 for a brand new Ford GT, 550 horsepower. Well why not just buy a Shelby GT500 for $50,000 OR a SALEEN for $90,000? Just a few mods and it be kickin like a Ford GT. Agree or disagree? Why?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ford gt.jpg (144.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Saleen.jpg (23.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg GT500.jpg (27.8 KB, 4 views)
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2007, 20:45   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Re: Is it worth the money?

Well, I think it all depends on what the purpose of the car is and what I would use it for. Personally Id take the saleen if for everyday street use. ford gt for track use (and maybe the odd saturday drive), and the gt500 to give to a friend.
Really now, aside from baller status why do you need a Ford gt in the city? Waste of money IMO if you dont use it and enjoy it to its potential. Its like 90% of the lambo owners out there.

edit: I guess Im contradicting myself with the Saleen choice but the gt500 doesnt have enough IMO.
Ive also learned that owning a car with better handling, power, braking, etc. than most other cars on the road really gives you an advantage all around (primarily emphasizing on saftey here) provided you dont drive like an ass****
And you can still take the saleen to the odd track day and have a good time. all around well balanced for street and fun

Last edited by administrator; 02-25-2007 at 20:51.
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 20:50   #3 (permalink)

I like all those cars, but if I had a 143,000 to drop on a GT I would get it. Why? Because its a Gt
Sand1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 23:06   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

If I could afford it ,I would get the GT in an instant. I just love them. They will appreciate in value and they have a rare supercar quality to them.

They look incredible and have performance and handling to match it. Exhaust ,pulley and tune will put you in the 700/800 hp area if you could ever use it lol. Probably scare the bejeezus out of ya but oh what fun that would be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub