Would this make you mad - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2001, 03:59   #1 (permalink)

Would this make you mad

A one-off prototype convertible, valued at 2million, was stolen yesterday in Fulham. The pre-production Delfino Feroce was left outside a flat by Delfino chairman and founder Allard Marx; he parked it there for just 45 minutes.

The Delfino Feroce ("fierce dolphin" in Italian) is based upon the running gear and powertrain of the Subaru Impreza WRX STi (276 bhp, 256 lb ft torque), but has its own unique composite-fibre monocoque body and cabin. It can accelerate from 0-60 mph in just 3.8 seconds, to a top speed of 150 mph. Planned to go into production next year, it will cost around 55,000.

The stolen Feroce is a black convertible with the personalised numberplate M1 NMD. As the only one in existence, it will prove difficult to sell on - and easy to recognise. Anyone with information is asked to call Kensington Police on 0208 246 0816.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2001, 05:37   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Ouch, I would not be at all impressed with that, but as it is one of a kind it will either tirn up quickly, or dissappear completely like the GTP GTS that was stolen here earlier this year :dead:
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 06:07   #3 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

Stolen

The car in question was featured on Top Gear a few months back and at the time wasn't running top whack so don't know if they finished the engine . See a post in a Cruisers site so heres the link to the picks of the car .

http://www.rapidcars.com/feroce.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg delfinoferoce.jpg (39.4 KB, 35 views)
28s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 12:51   #4 (permalink)

Doesn't look too shabbie either
Old 12-20-2001, 06:23   #5 (permalink)
Probe 2C

Looks like a Nissan Silva & Mitsubishi Lancer mated w/ a Lotus.

I'd drive it
Old 12-27-2001, 22:30   #6 (permalink)

an update to this situation

The missing Delfino Feroce prototype, reported stolen earlier this week (see News Archive) has been found. The one-and-only example of this Impreza-based two-seater, which will cost around 55,000 when it goes into production next year, went missing from outside a property in Fulham. It has now turned up - in a police compound where illegally-parked cars are taken when towed away.
Delfino chairman Allard Marx claimed that he had checked with police three times that it had not been towed away before reporting it stolen. He said today "I don't feel shamefaced, just relieved it's been found. Ironically, it's probably worked out cheaper than leaving it in the long-term car park at Heathrow". He had to pay a 200 fine for the car's release - a small price to pay for all the publicity the "theft" has brought in for his car and his company.
Old 12-28-2001, 08:42   #7 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

Whats with this guy !!!!!!
Stolen yeah right !!!!!!!!!!
He's loosing his marbles and did not want to admit he lost the car !!!!!!!!!!!

What is it they "any publicity is good publicity"

John
The Flying Haggis
28s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 23:16   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by 28s3
[BWhat is it they "any publicity is good publicity"

John
The Flying Haggis [/B]
Thats about what this amounts to.
Old 12-29-2001, 03:11   #9 (permalink)
Onxy - Slam

I remeber reading about that in the "Sun" come on what are they gonna do with it, its not as if you can sell it to anyone, there was just no point if your gonna steal it and keep it o_O?
I mean, what would be the point at all.
And i sure as hell wouldn't take a one off sports car out in fullham lol

And then they found it lol shamefaced lol
I just wouldn't let him of taken that car anywhere even if he does own the company ^_^
Troy Revill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 09:19   #10 (permalink)
1 bad 302

Any publicity is good publicity????????

If a car like that gets stolen,how good is the anti-theft device,like immobiliser or alarm??????

Only pay 55,000 pounds and keep it for 45 minutes? Yeh right.

Buy a Ford and get smartlock. At least you keep the car till YOU dont want it any longer,and a lot cheaper too.
dragonV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub