Wrecked my Ford this weekend! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2001, 11:58   #1 (permalink)
Crown Vic Member

frown

Well...
This Friday, coming home from school with my fiancee...
I managed to mangle my poor baby on the Interstate. A nasty curve and a nasty bump in the rain, and little too fast for spare that was getting low on my rear-passenger side.
The evening before, I had put a goodsize metal stake through that same tire, and had mounted the spare and taken the tire to have it fixed. It was chilly, so I decided that I would wait to put my good tire back on till the next day... bad idea.
The spare was leaking and starting to go flat, I hit a bump on that nasty curve (North on I-75, exiting Dayton, Ohio) and when the two rear tires came down, the spare started spinning and launched the car sideways. I overcorrected and turned it around the other way, smashing my rear end into a concrete retaining wall at over 45mph.
I've decided to fix it myself, and it is amazing how easily one can fix $6000 of damage if you have most of the right tools. I've only worked on it for a few days, and it's almost ready for the new paint job already!
While I'm at it, I figure I'll throw on a few body mods so that something good will come out of this other than the new paint!;-)
Twilight Blue, Grey Interior (Loaded)
  • 2 1/2" True Dual Exhaust.
  • Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers.
  • 3.73 Rear End.
  • Super Chip, Performance Filters, and many others.
est. 250+ hp
6SecCVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2001, 21:02   #2 (permalink)

Glad you and your fiancee came out the wreak alright. At least you can do some mods now. Good luck with it.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub

« Test | Site Updates »