Wrecked My Friend's VR4 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2001, 22:47   #1 (permalink)

Wrecked My Friend's VR4

ok everyone, i feel like absolute shit, would die if i could, so lay off on the abusive posts. Here's what happened, im gonna make it as short as possible.

We're at the local mall and we see our friends who are usually there in their mustangs.. We pull up next to them in his vr4, im driving. We talk for a while and we see a ricers convention a couple of rows down. My friends and I were revving at each other, for fun, cuz they had stangs, i had the vr4, for once, i was in a faster car (probe owner, probes are much slower then stangs), anywayyyyy.... They pull up in front of us. like we are in parking spots and they pull up in front of us and start revving, so we go to leave, and this one yellow type r or whatever integra i dunno but it followed us. we were leaving, and it tried to pass me on the right, i gunned it, and it stood no chance, so he's behind me, in in a single lane road, there's too much traffic. he passes me on the wrong side of the road, its not my car, so i wait for traffic to move and then i catch up to him... I pass him on the right when its safe, so i stop at a light

he's one car behind me... I go when its green and he cut off the pathfinder behind me and now he's gonna cut me off

He cuts me off, like really badly. and i swirve, ****, i swirve... ****, sorry im reliving hell... i swirve, i cant even remember
i remember starting to swirve left onto the wrong side of the road, so it turned right, the ABS never kicked in ****... and i spun around and hit a pole.. 180 or 360, dunno but my side of the car, driver side hit the pole... dead center of the door too
****. I feel like shit now cuz he just got his car back from being in a major accidenthe didnt have it for 2 months and he got it back, less then a week later, his friend totals it again

Jeeez!!!

the door looks like a V... the bottom step thing under the door is indented, the windshield is cracked cuz the driver side part of the frame is indented... frame damage sucks, but can it be repaired. Im not rich, and if i have to fork out 18 thousand dollars, im ****ed, i'll have to sell everything, including my soul...so i hope his car is repairable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2001, 06:23   #2 (permalink)
probeGTgirlie

Dont know if this helps but......I work for a mitsubishi/mazda dealer ship........i can help you out with the cost of parts but you would have to pay shipping......i'd sell to you for about 10% over cost.....i wouldnt be making any money off you but it would make me feel better if i could help someone out.......email me or send me a private message......i think my email address is in my profile......:bs2:

Old 12-27-2001, 09:32   #3 (permalink)
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez

Thumbs down

hmmm.

i feel bad for you because of what you did, but even worse for your friend for trusting you with his car.

this is one reason why i rarely lend out my vehicles. it's also another reason why i do not street race anymore. it's flat out dumb, stupid, moronic, idiotic, and illegal.

now that my sermon is over, i hope that your friend will remain your friend, after knowing that his trust was betrayed.....and after you've paid him back for his car.
Old 12-27-2001, 12:00   #4 (permalink)
Caffeine

If your friend hasn't tried to kill you already you are a lucky man

A girl I know offered me $50 and a full tank of gas to take my GT Turbo for a night, alone. I don't care how many favors she would have given me either. Oral sex isn't going to fix a broken car.

Funny thing is, there is a black VR-4 a few miles away from town. I was tempted to take it out, but after hearing that, maybe i'll pass.

Old 12-27-2001, 14:27   #5 (permalink)

take it from me, the handling sucks, but they are very fast.... where the hell is abs when u need it, this might be the previous body shop's fault
Old 12-28-2001, 06:54   #6 (permalink)
Or10N

mad grrr

hey meat heads

Instead of worrying about the $ value how about being thankfull for not killing anyone. We have probably all done something stupid on public roads when we were young, but look at the situation for what it is. You were all being STUPID!!! Grow up. And learn from your mistakes.

Old 01-01-2002, 20:05   #7 (permalink)
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez

roll

um, okay?

i'll try to remember that next time....dad.
Old 01-01-2002, 21:23   #8 (permalink)
Or10N

Tongue Grrrr

What is this the thread where all the WANKERS go.

But then again dmark101 you wouldn't have to worry about going fast enough to do any damage to man or machine. Not in a Probe anyway. What a joke!!!

Old 01-02-2002, 07:17   #9 (permalink)

Orion, Dmark also has a Mustang SVT. But two of the admins on this site have Probes, and Im one of them. Just watch out who you insult.
Old 01-02-2002, 07:28   #10 (permalink)
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez

roll

yes orion, you should watch whom you insult.

my probe gt is fast enough to beat quite a few cars, including some v8's that you may think untouchable.

i'd like to start the new year off by saying.....

CLOSED POST!

and have a happy new year.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub