WTF Telstra - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2004, 05:25   #1 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

WTF Telstra

Since I havent read anything about it here I thought Id say something.
the othernight I was watching the News when an interview with Telstra came on. The actual question asked was with the profit you have made this financial season already into the millions, Why have you upped your rates/charges, costing the consumers & raising the profit margin another X amount of millions???????
AND the reply he received............
I dunno..........
Because WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
All i can say to you telstra is SCREW YOU!!!!!!!

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2004, 05:32   #2 (permalink)
Fully Sick Magna Driver

Re: WTF Telstra

yeh it does suck how big companies screw us little guys over
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 06:53   #3 (permalink)

Thats not correct.
That was actually said by one of the senators. Don't believe me? Here is part of the transcript:

Senator MACKAY—We will come to that. Thank you for that. Why do call connection fees on timed calls increase from 33c to 35c? Again, weren’t call costs supposed to come down with the new line rental increases under the so-called rebalancing policy? Why have you put them up? Is it because you can?

Mr Stirzaker—They went up as part of the normal market dynamics, and there were trade-offs with the rest of the reward option packages I have just gone through. As Mr Stanhope was saying earlier on, within the way that the price cap regime works, there was flexibility to shuffle. On other plans—for example, HomeLine Complete—there have in fact been some reductions on fixed to mobile and STD caps; they went down by 50c. But, from memory, local call prices across the board stayed exactly the same.
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 14:59   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Telstra are a pain in the @ss. The worst thing of all is there service. How can a phone company not have enough lines or service staff? Ive been on hold for an hour before just trying to call through. I work in a call centre and that would be considered sooo unacceptable!
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 19:35   #5 (permalink)
FORD FREAK

Yep, I dislike phone companies completely. Putting up the charge for a line rental when took me over the edge. I tried to get on the telstra site to may my bill the othe day and it was so slow, so I got on the phone and blasted them. I feel sorry for the poor person behind the phone if I ever have a problem becuase they will get an earfull from me. If something does go wrong I will be fighting for free stuff everywhere becuase of all the BS charges they have on lines and stuff.

I hate phone companies.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:17   #6 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

Dont know what Shite you were watching Dev CV8 but it DEFINATELY wasnt what i watched..
Dont believe me thats cool
I know what I saw & heard..!!

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 15:59   #7 (permalink)
Beastmaster

I like Telstra.
They paid for my GT-P

:)
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 16:59   #8 (permalink)
Ford Member

I tried to pay a telstra cable bill at a telstra shop.. I was told that was simply impossible. They can sell cable/foxtel, but you can't pay your bill there. You have to use the phone, the reason why I went to the shop was because I was on the phone for 45 minutes trying to pay the bill..

Telstra has become a very big, stupid and innefficent company. They have entire floors of people with no job who go to work in a big building, but have no duties to perform, they just sit there. They screw a lot of their staff around, they screw their customers.

A company I used to work for, is actually setting up its own nation wide residental/commerical telecommunications network so they don't have to deal with telstra anymore.

Telstra has lots of problems. They are not really interested in fixing yours or theirs.. I think in the next few years we will see telstra broken up into small companies.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 17:58   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPhido
Telstra has become a very big, stupid and innefficent company. They have entire floors of people with no job who go to work in a big building, but have no duties to perform, they just sit there.

ive worked for them for 5 years in one way or another. i can tell you that this is simply not true. the rest comes close. as for blasting some poor sod on the other end of the phone.... do you have any idea what these people go through every day? theyre just trying to do their job and they have alot of constraints placed upon them. besides ...giving them a serve just makes them less inclined to help you. the more relaxed and understanding you are the more likely they will listen and try there hardest to help you... think about it would you help someone who was shouting and calling you names??????
tx3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 22:22   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
All i can say to you telstra is SCREW YOU!!!!!!!
Yup, but unfortunately I'm still on a plan with them
Laurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub