Www.myford.com.au - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2002, 05:22   #1 (permalink)
Australian AUII XR6 HP Member

Www.myford.com.au

Just went to the www.myford.com.au and it is the best car site i have seen . Just downloading the owners manual ( what a great idea ! ) . Heaps of information to read , it will take me weeks to read it all . The technical section is great what do you guys think of the new site ?
PETE_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2002, 05:26   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

It's great, especially cos there is a link to fordforums in it :s6:
Would like to see cars that were made pre- 1990 in it though..
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 06:11   #3 (permalink)
GTHO4

I like it!!!
Old 03-27-2002, 14:40   #4 (permalink)
gone

Yes Pete

The site has been up for a little bit now, and I spend a couple of minutes in their each day., I reckon its great!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 15:26   #5 (permalink)
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL

I looked all over for the link to ford forums??? where is it?
jaytyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 21:10   #6 (permalink)
fordcomms

Read myford Media release (sorry it's late!)

For immediate release
March 22, 2002

MYFORD PROVIDES A VIRTUAL HASSLE-FREE DRIVE

Cars can bring us freedom, happiness, even sex appeal if you believe the advertising! Not so appealing to most of us, however, are the practical aspects of owning a car -- paying the rego, keeping up-to-date with services, checking tyre pressures to name a few.

But a new internet-based service from Ford Motor Company is taking all the hard work out of owning a car. About the only thing left for you to do is enjoy the drive.

Called "MyFord", the service provides the most comprehensive level of information available to Australian car owners on the internet today and is just a taste of things to come, according to its creator, Chaminda Ranasinghe from Ford Australia E-business.

First go to www.ford.com.au and click on MyFord, next register your details and enter a one-stop shop designed to meet your individual driving needs.

A key feature is a password protected personalized web page. Once you have set up a profile, the system searches the Ford website for useful information on your particular vehicle.

It even lets you know via email when your car is due for a service or when your insurance and registration are due. You set the dates and the site will do the rest.

The service is available to Ford owners of new and used vehicles and includes useful information on models dating back to 1990.

There are on-line owners' manuals, and a service log to record completed services, as well as tips on conserving your fuel, tyres and brakes, along with tips for safe motoring, traffic reports, a trip planner, maps and directions, games, towing tips and breakdown advice.

And it can save you money as well as time. MyFord automatically provides details of your closest dealer and any special offers available such as discounts on servicing and parts.

There are also links to Hertz for car rental, Ford Credit for leasing and finance, fuel price watch and registration and tourism authorities.

"In the future, MyFord could be linked with in-car telematics, allowing a driver to bring up his or her car details on screen and to discuss any difficulties directly with an on-line automotive technician," says Mr Ranasinghe. "Then there could be global satellite positioning to help you plot the shortest route to a service centre or to direct the technicians to come to your location."

So register your details with MyFord and sit back in your seat and enjoy the ride!
Old 03-27-2002, 21:16   #7 (permalink)
fordcomms

The reason why it only goes back to 1990 is because of all the time it takes to accumulate data. Just finding decent images of each of the vehicles is a nightmare! I think the site has the potential to be expanded to include more models, but Ford wanted to put it up as soon as possible so people with later models can use myford. It's definitely a novel idea though and very useful...
Old 03-27-2002, 21:46   #8 (permalink)
'Black Beauty'

Quote:
Originally posted by jaytyn
I looked all over for the link to ford forums??? where is it?

Jaytyn, click on Bulletin Boards and its in there.

btw if you click it you will end up back here...lol

cheers

Tony

XR6-XR8 Club of QLD
XRMK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub