X box US release - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2001, 00:50   #1 (permalink)

X box US release

You guys must be very close to the release of the very latest to join the home console war. Anyone planning on making a purchase?
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2001, 02:18   #2 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Nawww, I'll wait a while, I waited a good year on the PSII (very shocking for me!)

I got tired of pre-ordering systems before their release. I pre-ordered the PSone (yes, I knew it would be big!), and the Dreamcast. But for now I have plenty of game machines to play around with. Maybe when I see a game that I HAVE to have, I'll buy it. But for now I have my Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation, Playstation II, Gameboy Color, Genesis Nomad, Atari 2600, and my computer to play games on. OH, cannot forget my Mario Bros. coin op! IT ROCKS

That Project Gotham Racing game looks pretty good, supposed to be like Grand Turismo, I should do some research on it and read some reviews about it. Does anyone know anything about this game? How many cars, or tracks it includes? The physics engine and simulation mode, etc?

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 11:25   #3 (permalink)

PS2 is just starting to drop some real money now. I think I might just skip it and go to Xbox. I have $200 gift vouchers to use at Kmart so hopefully they will stock the new machine
Old 11-15-2001, 14:15   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vulcan Power
Nawww, I'll wait a while, I waited a good year on the PSII (very shocking for me!)

I got tired of pre-ordering systems before their release. I pre-ordered the PSone (yes, I knew it would be big!), and the Dreamcast. But for now I have plenty of game machines to play around with. Maybe when I see a game that I HAVE to have, I'll buy it. But for now I have my Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation, Playstation II, Gameboy Color, Genesis Nomad, Atari 2600, and my computer to play games on. OH, cannot forget my Mario Bros. coin op! IT ROCKS

That Project Gotham Racing game looks pretty good, supposed to be like Grand Turismo, I should do some research on it and read some reviews about it. Does anyone know anything about this game? How many cars, or tracks it includes? The physics engine and simulation mode, etc?
Wow you sure have all the goods mate.What games are your fav's
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 01:49   #5 (permalink)

Thumbs up

I have the PC , Dreamcast, Saturn and PS1. I started late
Old 11-16-2001, 15:28   #6 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Wow, I couldnt even tell you which games are my favorites, I like so many of them? Uhmm.... well I like Grand Tursimo I, II, and III. I like the Castlevania series. I enjoy the Metriod series. Shenmue on Dreamcast is good. I play NFL2K on Dreamcast alot too. Uhmm... well I also like all the classic games that I have like the Mario Bros. coin op, and frogger on my Atari and ENDURO on my Atari

ENDURO IS FAST! Anyone remember that game where you have to pass so many cars within so many miles, and the longer you held down the button the faster you would go?! You would literally be hauling ass zipping by all the cars, its hilarious! BUT FUN

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 23:28   #7 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

I have a co-worker how's got one of these. I haven't seen him for the last 2 days. I wonder where he could be....
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2001, 01:38   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Trey
I have a co-worker how's got one of these. I haven't seen him for the last 2 days. I wonder where he could be....
So the Xbox is out in the US now then is it?
Old 11-17-2001, 05:09   #9 (permalink)

While watching a WWF show I can answer my own question.

Seems like Xbox is sponsoring some WWF shows. Great way to get to young people for sure. Microsoft might finally be able to give Sony a run for their money when it comnes to promotion. Sadly that is something Seg never came to grips with
Old 11-20-2001, 14:24   #10 (permalink)
Ford Focus WRC Driver.

I think I'll just stick with my PS2.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub