XA Coupe's Adventures at another Ford and Holden dealer - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2002, 00:58   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

XA Coupe's Adventures at another Ford and Holden dealer

I am up country at the moment so I thought I would roll up to the local anonymous Ford dealer (Claymac Ford Portland Vic) and try to get a test drive of a BA .. preferably a turbo.

Instead of waltzing around for 1/2 and hour before someone bothered to speak to me ..within 2 minutes I had a salesman over with me askign me what I was interested in. I played a little dumb (we turned up in our VT) to see what happened.
Within 5 minutes I was on the way in a XT auto ... no salesman with us and no crap like leaving the keys to our car. About 45 minutes later we took it back..after showing my family and taking it for an extended spin. The dealer wasn't worried in the slightest and was more than willing just to chat about the BA in general and how sales were picking up with the arrival of the BA.
With this positive experience in mind we waltzed off to the Holden dealer ...We had been there about 3 years ago when the VT series 2 was released and took a SS for a spin. The salesman recognised us and started asking us if we were serious and made it plain we weren't going to get a test drive without a fight.
To cut a long story short I took a VY SS for a test drive ... dealer drove it 1/2 way ... I drove it back.
If I was buying immediately the suckhead holden salesman would have talked me out of the SS in a heart beat.

With all the negative things about Ford dealers and the positive things about Holden dealers I have said I think it was appropriate to give a positive story!

To all those out Western Victoria... give Claymac Ford a look...
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2002, 01:01   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

PS.. we may tend to talk down the SS's but it's worth taking one for a spin if you can .. they are mighty impressive cars.. just IMO the Ford is better !
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 02:12   #3 (permalink)
HSV Hater!

Dude you shoulda just left the VT there and Run off with the BA!!! LOL :)

I just hope the dealers out in country W.A are as leanient with there cars :) i guess they would be because they would do anything for a sale in places where there is only a small population.

P.S: I've always Had good run in's with dealers in the perth metro area especally at the FTE melville who would stay and chat to you about everything you needed to know . (especally T-series and BA) even if you werent interested in buying and just browsing

Ford dealers are defantly good blokes and that helps ford get there sales up!
Old 12-10-2002, 02:45   #4 (permalink)
Mustang Owner

Good stuff XA,

Last year the mrs and I were looking at new cars. I ended up buying a XR6 on lease. We went around car yards galore. What did I manage to test drive.

AUII XR6 VCT, and a XR8 and thats all.

Now even though I am a Ford head through and through, I thought to give most of the brands a look. You can be biased towards a brand but not blind to others.

we looked at the following

WRX, No test drive that day because the someone else was out doing a test drive. The Mrs hated the WRX.

Nissan 200SX, nice car, salesmen nice, but no cars to test drive. no room in the back for the little ones. Mrs said a big NO.

Celica, not a single salesmen would get off his arse to come and talk.

Local Heartland Holden. Salesmen came over after a while, but it was a struggle to talk to him. Asked him about the SS and his answer was "none in stock". There is an S outside which is almost the same, if you are really interested in a car.

We ended up going back to Ford and buying the XR.

I wonder how some of these yards manage to sell cars. I have a friend who says he tests drives all the time but as a serious buying I got to test drive 2 cars.

Owns
66 Silver Frost Mustang 289 Windsor
71 XY GS Fairmont in Bronze Wine 302 Windsor
92 EB XR8 302 Windsor

Sure do love those Windsors
66_mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 05:20   #5 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

Good to hear some positive news about a Dealer for once!
Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 05:53   #6 (permalink)
aka "Mr BURNOUTworld"

I cannot believe he would let you take that car without even handing over the keys to your car. At the very least they take your drivers license and stuff to make sure your not just a car theif and the VT outside isn't Mrs. Oneils from Carousel Car Park. Thats a good POSITIVE story XA, but yeah you should have done the dirty on the VT :)

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub