xf_xr6 has a very close call.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2002, 23:45   #1 (permalink)

xf_xr6 has a very close call....

There is always at least one habit that everyone picks up during there driving time, and today my habit would have saved a young fella few thousand dollars, and possibly even his life.

Here i was, sitting at a red light waiting for it to turn green. She turns green and i go to take off and, instictively, i look both left and right. Look right, cars stopping, look left - one speeding VK crummydore travelling at least 80k's(in a 60 zone) with out any effort to stop for his red light. I quickly brake and luckily he just missed me. And im talking a few cm's. I was a little shakey after the moment, but what suprised me the most is he made no effort at all to swerve or even brake. Its almost like he had a death wish. Friggen idiot.

So now my advice to everyone is, if they don't do it already, always look when going through lights.
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2002, 23:51   #2 (permalink)
Motorbike rider

I would say you a very lucky but it seems less luck and more good alert driving. So well done xf_xr6.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:24   #3 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP

Quote:
So now my advice to everyone is, if they don't do it already, always look when going through lights.
Couldn't agree more. A few months ago, I was turning onto the highway near my house (I had green arrow), when I looked left and then right, only to see a fully loaded tip-truck (with trailer) go speeding through the red light doing at least 100km/h (80km/h zone). If I had of gone as soon as the arrow went green, then I most certainly wouldn't be here to type this message.

It's amazing how close we come to dying every single day, and when it all comes down to it, it's only a matter of milliseconds that keeps us alive. Scary stuff!!!

Dave

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub

Related Reading: xf_xr6 has a very close call....