XM or Sirius Radio For Sports? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2005, 14:48   #1 (permalink)

XM or Sirius Radio For Sports?

We are seriously thinking about adding the new 06 Civic Coupe SI to the family. I work for Honda so I know it comes with in-dash Navigation system and XM radio but my husband wants to know if XM is the same as Sirius? I also heard something about one getting NBA and NFL games. All my hubby cares about his sports and talk radio and our truck now is a classic :) and doesn't have it. Anyone know the main differences?
slowburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2005, 15:11   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Dan

Re: XM or Sirius Radio For Sports?

XM and Sirius are head-to-head comptitors, to put it simpily. As far as music goes, I believe there is the same amounts and types of stations for that. So musically, the variety is there. As for sports and talk radio, I think they are either broadcasted on one or the other. For example, Fox TV has a contract to broadcast all NFC football games, and CBS for the AFC. So for the sake of argument, you may only be able to get NBA and NHL games on Sirius because that's who their satellite contract is with. I know Howard Stern is supposed to brodcast from Sirius in the near future, which means you won't be able to pick him up on XM, and Rush Limbaugh broadcasts on XM so Sirius users are out of luck. I would highly recomment checking the web sites for both of them, and see if what they offer really interests you. I was considering buying XM equipment and a subscription. A friend of mine had a XM subscription, and he gave me the user name and password so I could listen to it over the internet. I found that after a few weeks of listening to it I liked what was on conventional AM/FM radio better.
USAdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub