XR Lights (Barra) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2001, 07:05   #1 (permalink)
EL Fairmont Ghia Member

XR Lights (Barra)

I have heard that the barra, next falcon, coming out next year, in the XR variant, shall have a single light, containing 2 smaller lights. Something like the Audi's, or rally version WRX. This should look quite cool. Cannot wait. The XR was released, apparently last week at Product. The first made shell is also done, is in Melbourne now! Good news, the laminated firewall stays, for NVH purpose......

Jas
VilkasMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2001, 07:12   #2 (permalink)

This look was shown at a clinic a fair while ago or so the story goes! Sounds like they made the decision to go with it!
Getting closer with every sleep:D :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 07:19   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2
This look was shown at a clinic a fair while ago or so the story goes! Sounds like they made the decision to go with it!
Getting closer with every sleep:D :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
Yeah, is anyone having trouble sleeping yet?
I am :rolleyes:
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 07:20   #4 (permalink)
EL Fairmont Ghia Member

sleep...........how can I.............too excited......told my bro in law to make sure he stays at Ford long enough for me to buy a barra.!
Old 06-11-2001, 07:28   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by VilkasMaximus
sleep...........how can I.............too excited......told my bro in law to make sure he stays at Ford long enough for me to buy a barra.!
I am free for adoption. Please!
Old 06-11-2001, 07:32   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Heh who knows by the time of the Barra II I could be outa here with an IT degree workin @ ford to get my own employee discount, here's hoping :D
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 07:41   #7 (permalink)
EL Fairmont Ghia Member

I worked for Fords, a while back. Used to buy a new Ford every 6 months. Loved that aspect of it, otherwise the place was a prick. So backward, it wasn't funny. I was a sh&t kicker fair enough, but the culture at Ford is just so backward. Best to get a family member to work there..............or have your sister marry someone...

About adoption, nah, you wouldn't want to be adopted into my family........... :-)

Jas

I should go to bed
Old 06-11-2001, 07:57   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I worked for Fords, a while back. Used to buy a new Ford every 6 months. Loved that aspect of it, otherwise the place was a prick. So backward, it wasn't funny. I was a sh&t kicker fair enough, but the culture at Ford is just so backward. Best to get a family member to work there..............or have your sister marry someone...

About adoption, nah, you wouldn't want to be adopted into my family........... :-)

Jas

I should go to bed
Backward culture? Can you expand on this a bit more!

Adoption. If it means I save as much as what some people on this board have mentioned, yes I would. I am cute and cuddly and toilet trained, well nearly. Do have a bad temper and sharp teeth, but am usually harmless unless provoked. I know a few tricks but generally not very smart!
Old 06-11-2001, 08:11   #9 (permalink)
EL Fairmont Ghia Member

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Just read what you typed, the perfect kid hey!!!!!!

Ok, backward culture.........I think this problem may not be unique to Ford alone. But it is not a forward looking company. main goals seem to be to kiss arse, to external sources, especially in regard to ISO etc. But although the company preaches these polcies, through their natural work groups, they do not empower them. The employees are not valued. They are just numbers, who are not listened to. This problem mainly exists between middle managment and the ground floor people. The middle guys are only interested in satisfying their quotas to gain their bonuses, and pay little heed to the ideals coming off the floor.

Where I used to work, year in, year out, the same problems, the same lame excuses, the only things which would get done are those in which greivences or injuries cam about from. As for product input, non existence. In the old days employees could get bonuses from ideals, this was great for an incentive and also loyalty. I think most ford workers now only care about their pay........Also there was a defeatist attitude. Constantly told how little we meant to Ford world, and recieved little input from our own management. I bet I am sounding doom and gloom. But hey I waont harp on to much more. I am still sort of surprised how passionate I am about Ford's. I love Ford's. Gave the company my best, and still stick to the products, but I was useless to them.............

Jas
Old 06-11-2001, 15:57   #10 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
The employees are not valued. They are just numbers, who are not listened to. This problem mainly exists between middle managment and the ground floor people. The middle guys are only interested in satisfying their quotas to gain their bonuses, and pay little heed to the ideals coming off the floor.
Seems to be a common problem in most major companies. Middle management need a foot in the rear at my work too. We have had major chances to advance our business unit and they've just looked at us and said "Sorry you guys spend too much. We're cutting everything you've got". Apart from the fact we're 1 out of 5 areas that consistantly return over $1.5m after abnormals each year, they still think we're hopeless. Mind you the other 4 areas seems to loose around $2-3m each. Makes you wonder if they're all that keen on making a quid.. :rolleyes:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub