XR vs. SS - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2002, 05:11   #1 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

roll XR vs. SS

Now although we are a 'bit' bias in here. Lets take a look at a comparo of the SS and XR8. I think that we should do XR8, coz then it would be more traditional V8 and V8....i think so anywayz.
Ok....
XR8 woops it in kW
XR8 woops it in Torque
Now what are the price comparisons? I think holden is a bit cheaper???
What you all think about the interiors??
I think the XR8's is better, looks more professional and catchy

Alright I have set up a basis for what the comparo will be about....so now what you all think will happen with the new 'matchup'. If you can call it that, coz the XR8 woops the commi sideways.
Or do you guys think it should be the XR6 or XR6T vs. SS?? Would that be more a fairer matchup??

Come on, what's everyone think?

Old 09-17-2002, 05:14   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Whoops it on paper. I'm still waiting for VY times to guage the real comparison..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 05:17   #3 (permalink)
2nd car....XR6turbo

well, honestly, i think the XR8 is way better than the SS, and i don't think the ss will be able to compete with XR8. And since the XR6 turbo is developing more i can't see the SS even blowing that away. SO, am, what do i think, i think holden better get use to the ass end of the BA, or maybe the SS should try and beat the n/a 6. At least the V8 would win, i can't see the supercharged doing anything though.
Old 09-17-2002, 05:20   #4 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

Perhaps we DO need to wait and see what actually happens on the road. Maybe all these stats don't mean crap.
But, some how I think that I am wrong
hehehehe
Old 09-17-2002, 05:22   #5 (permalink)
Rollcage Crash Test Dummy

Nup- Even though an XR6-T is an SS chomper, it lets holden off the hook.
if we do a Comparo on a 6 against an 8- Even if a the XR6-t beats the SS, Holden will be just as embarassed when they see the 1/4 mile times a stock XR8 pulls against an SS. Its a traditional V8 power war- Dont let an XR6-T be compared to an 8!...not when theres an XR8 BOSS lurking to be played with!! I say its 6's against 6's and vice versa. Besides- whats that leave the XR8 to be compared with? a HSV? I dont think so- leave the HSV whooping to FPV :-)
The fun has only began
Old 09-17-2002, 05:26   #6 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

hehehe
I can't wait to see the GT's EAT THE DAMN HSV's

mwahahahaha
hahahaha
hahahahahaha
*cough*
ha
Old 09-17-2002, 05:27   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Agreed 100%. If it's ok for the VTII LS1 to go up against the 185 windsor then it's ok for the LS1 to go up against the 5.4 Boss.
Unfortunately I can't see the motoring mags doing us this service though.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
Old 09-17-2002, 05:32   #8 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Why the hell would they do that? And why would you post such crap?

Come on guys.. The Crap Meter is going off long & loud again. Any chance of some decent conversations instead of the dribble?
Old 09-17-2002, 05:35   #9 (permalink)
Mr Photoshop

The SS weighs a hell of alot less than the base model so the XR range will be heavier. So at least in a staight line don't think that you have it in the bag. Even with it's "amazing" torque :rolleyes:
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 05:37   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

Firstly i agree XR8 must be compared to SS.

I think XR8 looks better inside and out, and the suspension on paper should be way better and i think it will be given that VY SS has only {according to Motor} improved slightly with no major changes and i could'nt see Ford having the BA handle worst than an AU.

Power and Torque are way in the XR8s favour aswell. But i will wait for times also.

Will be interesting to see how they compare for sound. We know they got a new exhaust etc but i still cant see them sounding better than a Monaro,Clubby or GTS that already has simmilar exhaust with even more grunt. Of course the current XR8 sounds better than these but as for the new 8 who knows? I remeber David gave me his impression of the sound of the {Then New} T3 compared to XR8 220 so he or Geoff might be generous enough to do simmilar here soon as we know the specs already.

Against the XR8 will be weight but the grunt and better suspension could easily overcome this.

Price will probly be against XR8 but how much is the question. XR8 and SS have really in their comparitive models never been more $1000 appart so if 52 or more for XR8 is correct its a big one here. I beleive XR8 also wears 17s standard compared to SSs 18,s so all the lovely photos so far of XR8 have had the ones you have to pay extra for. Could end up been a 4-5 grand difference when comparing simmilar both with 18s.
DR XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub