Which XR6 Model is considered the best and fastest stock. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2002, 15:48   #1 (permalink)
Australian Member

Which XR6 Model is considered the best and fastest stock.

Just for interest, which XR6 Model is considered to be the Fastest and the best.

EB, ED, EF, EL, AU1, AU2, AU3.

I have an AUXR6-HP, with Genie S/Steel Headers and 2.5 System including Hi-Flow filter, this has made a whole big differance.

Have been thinking about purchasing an EBXR6 for the other half,[the Boss].

Have driven 1 with 220.000 Ks on the clock, it went real well. Basic car appeared to go better than my AU prior to exhaust mod.

Have you guys driven many differant models what is the best considered stock, how will the engines hold up with long K's

regards
xrhp6
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2002, 18:55   #2 (permalink)
RACE

Don't know about being the best but the fastest I think is the EB XR6. Wheels magazine ran a best time of 7.2sec 0-100 and 15.2sec for the quarter mile.

The best in my opinion (of the 6cyl XR's) now that I've driven one is the AUII/AUIII XR6 VCT.
Old 01-25-2002, 20:43   #3 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

I have only ever driven a EL XR6 and a EB XR6 (both manual)

The EB seemed a lot quicker than the EL.... it really surprised me!!
Old 01-25-2002, 21:30   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

I would've thought EF. I've driven ED, EF, EL & AU and for mine they're all much of a muchness. EF went real hard but..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 21:59   #5 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Well going by power to weight ratio the EB - ED XR6 would theoretically be the fastest. But EF's recieved an increase in power not sure if that will be offset by extra weight. But as fordman says it's much of a muchness these days as condition of the car will determine if a car goes hard or not.

Heres a run down of power of Xr6's.

EB-ED 161kw
EF-EL 164kw
AU-AU3 HP - 164kw
AU - AU3 VCT - 172kw

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 22:54   #6 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Instinct says the EB2 would be the fastest, my opinion on the best would have to be AU2/3 VCT. (right Nipper!!)
:s6:
Old 01-25-2002, 23:23   #7 (permalink)

eb2 i think is the quickest to 100kph and 0-400m. I have a friend with a colbolt blue eb and i had a ef xr6 at the time. (both manual)

Seat of ya pants test and with a stopwatch the eb was quicker. Not by much thou. The ef only had about 10,000k's on it. I now have a el2xr8 auto and he still pips me off the line. (of course) but i reel him in between the 70-100kph. These el xr8s are a heavy lump of a car.
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 01:25   #8 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Sparkle
Instinct says the EB2 would be the fastest, my opinion on the best would have to be AU2/3 VCT. (right Nipper!!)
:s6:
Yeap no doubt gotta agree there the best XR6 would have to be AU2/AU3 be it VCT or HP.

Whenthe EBII XR6 was release it was the quickest 4 door sedan moeny can buy, even out gunned the Xr8 for top speed amazingly.

Geez the 3.45:1 diff ratios did wonders to top off whats already a powerful package.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 01:30   #9 (permalink)
goooone

The EB & ED were fastest in a strait line but they got better handling in the later models
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 14:40   #10 (permalink)
My name is Forrest....

This might sound a little silly, but where do the XG,XH AU autes sit in all this. Aren't they a little lighter?, and possibly a bit faster again, but the Car mags never seem to check them out, so I'm not sure what the "official" figures are supposed to be?
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub