XR6 Vs VXII Commodore S - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2002, 20:12   #1 (permalink)

XR6 Vs VXII Commodore S

EL XR6 (auto)Vs VX Commodore S (man), who should win a drag to 0-120kph

This geezer comes up to me in the car park & out the blue says he wants to line up his VX against my EL, now me thinks this is kinda strange & wasnt to keen,but after much persuasion & a free feed of Macca's I give in. So off to the local industrial estate, where we do two runs side by side, well we would have been side by side if he hadnt been so far behind, my trusty old EL just murdered this VX (twice).
My question is: Is this normal, should a bog standard EL kick ass like it did, anyway this guy didnt think it was normal, he flipped his lid, I left him on the side of the road ranting & raving about trading it on an SS.

and i had a full tank & a load of tinnies in the boot :s6:
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2002, 20:16   #2 (permalink)
Awaiting Barra launch

Ha! Top work there champ! :s5 :MUha:

If it was a standard 6 S then it's no better than an executive and yes I'm not surprised you smoked him. My mate's got an EL XR6 (manual though) and it's pretty damn quick.

I can just imagine him...."But, it my car looks like it should go fast, how can this 1997 Ford be kicking my arse?" :MUha:

Make sure next time you run him in a more public place so more can share in the fun!!!
Old 02-14-2002, 20:28   #3 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

yeah, his commie is just a "Poverty-Pack" sports car (in holden driver's own words). No surprise, you Falcon has better Everything than that commondore. Better motor (more power, more torque) Better body & chassis (I mean, its a Holden we're talking about!) If it were supercharged you'dve had more of a run for your money. But not much..
discokin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 20:29   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Sounds like the right outcome to me. Many people underestimate the power of an XR6 and have come undone because of it. I know I scored my share when I had my ute :s6:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 20:30   #5 (permalink)
XR Wannabee

I have been wondering about the same question...

I have a friend with a manual VU V6 with LSD, only mods are exhaust, extractors and K&N filter.

He has run a 14.86 down the quarter (I witnessed it, with time slips to prove) and it is a pretty quick car for a basically a stock 6. And from the times I have seen quoted for XR6's and XR8's I would think the XR's would be struggling to keep up?

95' EF Falcon Series II
Spinksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 20:39   #6 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

I think it's reasonable to assume (if we generalise a great deal...) a stock XR6 has the wood on a stock NA S, in much the same way the stock SS (LS1) has had over the XR8.

When Ford releases the forced-XR6, again, the supercharged S will struggle to keep up, even in HSV Xu-6 guise. LS1 (LS6?) vs 5.4l quad cam will be another story again.
Old 02-14-2002, 20:53   #7 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Venom XR
I think it's reasonable to assume (if we generalise a great deal...) a stock XR6 has the wood on a stock NA S, in much the same way the stock SS (LS1) has had over the XR8.

When Ford releases the forced-XR6, again, the supercharged S will struggle to keep up, even in HSV Xu-6 guise. LS1 (LS6?) vs 5.4l quad cam will be another story again.
was with my brother when he raced genIII auto in his stock auto XR8,4 times different situation,the same story.I know it's hard to believe,the XR8 series one is actually faster till 90kh in a 60 zone.
Manual SS genIII are bad!they start pulling from behind at the end of second shift.
ran a supercharged v6 commodore,they actually faster than the SS till 60,door to door and then they feel like the charger is out of puffs,and the XR starts to make grounds.
HSV 255,forget it,leave them to T3s.But I'm so sure 220kw xr will walk them real nice.
In brisbane, an XR6 VCT:feels like a v8,give you a hard time till the end.100% faster than supercharged commodores.
And at street race,you don't go and deflate your tyres to 15 psi,you can't warm up the tyres and spin,you don't say to the guy next to you,can you wait till I get rid of pas. seats and the spare tyre?and maybe empty the tank because I just filled it yesterday??you don't do that and that's why most cars are actually slower on real life.
ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 21:14   #8 (permalink)
Poor IT guy

Having driven a man VT S and a auto EL XR6 Im not too surprised. The VT didn't seem to have the same mid range as the XR6 and the bottom end power made up for the XR6 being an auto. I thought It would have been close though, maybe he couldn't drive.
Also know someone with a 5speed EF GLi and he would piss on both.
Homer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 21:19   #9 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Re: XR6 Vs VXII Commodore S

Quote:
Originally posted by EL XR6
EL XR6 (auto)Vs VX Commodore S (man), who should win a drag to 0-120kph

This geezer comes up to me in the car park & out the blue says he wants to line up his VX against my EL, now me thinks this is kinda strange & wasnt to keen,but after much persuasion & a free feed of Macca's I give in. So off to the local industrial estate, where we do two runs side by side, well we would have been side by side if he hadnt been so far behind, my trusty old EL just murdered this VX (twice).
My question is: Is this normal, should a bog standard EL kick ass like it did, anyway this guy didnt think it was normal, he flipped his lid, I left him on the side of the road ranting & raving about trading it on an SS.

and i had a full tank & a load of tinnies in the boot :s6:
EL XR6, top work mate. I had a drag with a VX S Series I from 90km/h up to 160km/h and i beat him.
From your drag that would be typical that an XR6 would beat a 152kw VX commo.
Though a Supercharged commo is a different story.
Once again top work matey.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 21:32   #10 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

2 NIL!

I guess with AP & EL XR6 kicking GM arse, the score is 2 NIL!
Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub