On Ya Bowey - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2001, 19:25   #1 (permalink)
BOF

On Ya Bowey

15 October 2001

Well we certainly live in interesting times, one door closes and several others open very quickly.

Briggs Motorsport and I have decided to go our separate ways but one thing I can assure you, I will definitely be staying in V8 Supercar racing.

The phone rang pretty hot over the course of the weekend with some very interesting and tempting offers.

At present there are five different options on the table for 2002 but two of those are from Holden teams:( and you can bet I will certainly not be entertaining those offers :D regardless of how tempting they may be.

I have been a Ford driver since 1988 and we have had some fantastic success together. I am also heavily involved in helping with the development of the Tickford road car range as well as racing the Mustang in GTP.

I am certainly not going to throw all that away to drive a Holden. Besides, there would also probably be a riot amongst the Ford fans as well. (you got it) :)

But at the end of the day, I still really enjoy the competition of V8 Supercar r acing and still feel I can be very competitive.

If I hung up the helmet now, I would certainly be leaving the sport with a lot of unfinished business.

The first stint at Bathurst showed I can still be right on the pace.

But the real secret is you have to have a good car beneath you.

Look at Tony Longhurst and Thomas Mezera they really havent been a factor throughout the 2001 championship, but, put them in a HRT car and they are very competitive.

I believe experience still plays a vital role and this will be further amplified next year if we continue to have a greater number of longer races.

I am certainly in no rush to make a decision about 2002, and one of the reasons Briggs and I have decided to part company is so we can both start planning early for next year.

I intend to have a drive of a couple of different cars in the next few weeks before finalising my plans.

I am actually pretty excited about the future and really looking forward to next year.

There is also no bad blood between the Caterpillar team and myself.

I have really enjoyed the guys company over the past three years and I thank them for their efforts.

The thing I will really miss is all the guys at Caterpillar itself.

The customers and dealers across the country have been fantastic supporters of myself and team and I have developed some great friendships.

I am sure some of them will be disappointed that we have decided to go ourseparate ways but sometimes these things are a bit like a marriage they dont always last forever (I know that all too well).

It is going to be interesting taking a look from the other side of the fence for the next couple of races
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2001, 19:36   #2 (permalink)

Any money for the Tassie connection at SBR. Ambrose in one John in the other
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 19:58   #3 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

Can anyone spell "Prancing Horse Racing" ?

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 21:14   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Luke Plaizier
Can anyone spell "Prancing Horse Racing" ?

Lukeyson
Not if they have my spelling skills!:D :rolleyes:
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub

« Priceless | Uk Tv »