Yay, Defected.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2004, 02:13   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Yay, Defected....

Well, just after dropping my mate home at around 6, I decided to pop down to Chirnside and grab a snack and a drink because I had the night off. Coming back to my car I noticed some guy sitting in VY but didn't really pay much attention. Anyway, the VY was a copper :-( I turned left on to Maroondah Hwy and noticed the VY in my mirror. I went to turn right on to Manchester and he crossed 2 lanes to get in to the turning lane.

Sooo, the light goes green and I go round the corner. FLASH FLASH high beams and then the sirens go on. I pulled over to the side of the road and he came up to the window and asked for the usual license etc. He then proceeded to go over the car with his torch. Checking the tyres very carefully, then the rego. He then came and asked me what the G-O was with my rears. I told him I had them on there as "in-between" tyres as I got some tyres on my Turbo blades. I told him outright that I knew they weren't roadworthy and I was going to change them asap.

He said the car was looking a bit low, and had a quick check all round. I didn't give him any cheek, and I was pretty worried that I was going to f*ed over so I didn't do anything at all. He came back to the window and said he was going to his car, and to bare with him a sec.

Anyway, he came back with a yellow sticker. Said that because I had the right attitude, wasn't being stupid on the road and knew the state of my rear tyres he'd give me a minor defect for one of the rear tyres. He stuck the yellow sticker on and said my car was looking mickey-mouse apart from the tyre.

So I got no fine etc. just have to get the tyre changed (the spare in my boot is 100%). I have 7 days to clear the defect or 30 days before rego expires.

I consider myself VERY lucky. Before I get the "you got what was coming" etc. etc. I'd like to say that I was fully aware of what I was doing when the stockies went on, so I know I have no-body but myself to blame.

Also, no cop bagging please! This guy was alright.

Sundeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2004, 02:15   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Re: Yay, Defected....

I suspected the worst when I saw the thread title but looks like you didn't get stung badly at all.

Take it easy peoples.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:19   #3 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

we got pulled up a while ago for a breatho in the meteor and the back tyres were balder than slicks. the copper commented on how bald the tyres were and said to us that the next time he sees the car it better have decent tyres on it. we were getting the tyres done in a few days anyways and considering its front wheel drive i think thats why he let us go.
not all cops are dicks.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:19   #4 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

You'd actually be surprised, Afterall they are human just like us & get peeved if you give em cheek, Show abit od respect & im sure in most cases you'll be right..

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
Old 06-02-2004, 02:22   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

It'd actually started raining when he got back in his car to write the sticker and stuff out, so I don't think he wanted to be out in the rain doing a defect.

Verrryyyy lucky.

Sundeep
Old 06-02-2004, 02:28   #6 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP

Yer, it always amazes me how nice people can be if you're nice to them! Good on ya, Sunny, it's good to see some people showing some respect.

I, myself had a close call the other night (on the way home from Rob's). Roadworthy checks were being done, and they were pulling cars in at random. I saw flashing lights up ahead and had nowhere to turn off. "Oh well," I thought "I'm about to get done for my exhaust, ride height, etc.".

Luckily, I was able to stick right up the ar$e of a stock ba xt, meaning that they couldn't really see me coming. Then I put it in 4th gear (at 20km/h!) so they couldn't hear any exhaust and cruised on past.

They ended up pulling over 3 cars in front of the ba, and 3 cars behind me... damn, I was relieved!

Cheers,
Dave

Old 06-02-2004, 02:36   #7 (permalink)
Green's Tuff!

I remember once when I was driving through Hastings, the Police were pulling up cars for RWC checks in the opposite direction....until they saw me coming, the Senior officer actually stopped the traffic as he walked out into the middle of the road to signal me to do a U-Turn and pull in for a test.
At the time I had a mat-black XD that was waaaaay to low, waaaaaay to loud, was missing the front grille and had a hornet bonnet scoop on it. needless to say, I got a defect. I had to remove the scoop, remove the hayman-reece towbar to get some ground clearance back, remove the fuel tank and fuel pump to make it a straight gas car, so that the 650 DP Holley would pass, put the grille back in, (which I was actually on my way to do because I had just finished putting the new motor in the day before)
then I had to take it to get inspected, thankfully the lady that came out to test it couldnt be stuffed setting up the noisey exhaust testing thingamabob, so I got away with that :)

Old 06-02-2004, 02:42   #8 (permalink)

are u guys all in melb? why do u guys get so many defects. we get so many cars driving around that sint one bit road worthy. i mean a bald tyre..and specially if its a ford..the cops in syd couldnt give a rats ass if u drive a ford or holden there are better cars to go after like the civics lancers and skylines with their over the top bov and exhausts. the only thing they dont like around my area is ppl with their huge ass stereos.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:56   #9 (permalink)
well hung

At the start of the year i was pulled over, and the two cops in the car both looked over my tyres for a few minutes and i thought i was going to be fvcked over for sure, because my back tyres were almost bald.
But all they did was give me a breath test and licence check, then they let me go, only mentioning to me that i should get a new set of tyres for the rear (yeah right, only after i finished em off... hehe).
Old 06-02-2004, 03:02   #10 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtom
are u guys all in melb? why do u guys get so many defects. we get so many cars driving around that sint one bit road worthy. i mean a bald tyre..and specially if its a ford..the cops in syd couldnt give a rats ass if u drive a ford or holden there are better cars to go after like the civics lancers and skylines with their over the top bov and exhausts. the only thing they dont like around my area is ppl with their huge ass stereos.
The reason is simple really, we dont have yearly pink slips like NSW, so they just have blitzes, and alot of cars are modified to the point of defectable, let alone some rust bombs running around, so unless a car is sold in which case you have to get a roadworthy to register it to your name, its almost an open invitation to be as stupid as you want and hope you dont get caught.

P.S. not having a shot at anyone, just the way it is.

Jason

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub