Your Best 3FB Night n Day Cruise to Date - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2004, 21:44   #1 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

Your Best 3FB Night n Day Cruise to Date

Well 3FBer's there's been a quite alot of cruise's when you think about it.
Seeing a Bathurst run is coming up shortly it takes me back to our first Bathurst run long ago. How long ago was it ? Oh what fun that was, my first time with the XR on the track woohoo,I think AP fanged the Pursuit for the first time man he honked onto Pitt Straight........and some top laughs with some new friends....MN,SM,DK,JR,Dark,Blurter,Slothy,Strider,Aaron B1-B,Jamie,Mr Jucy,oh can't forget Mrs Sticky Date and young Dates,Steve'sXR8 sorry if I cant remember everyone.
My highlights have been to date :

A Newcastle run long ago meeting AusXH driving a SS which I didnt know at the time thinking WTF is this Dunnydore coming into our space. LOL,getting sunburnt hanging at the beach carpark.

Brock24hr, The Mexican's,the mud,the crappy food,Brocnaro's,getting soaked in pissing down rain with my son and Strider unda the umbrella,Slothy rallycross in the mud (how appropiate) the drive back with Strider playing with a Skyline up to Victoria Pass,I could go on and on too many highlights and funny's

Blurter's South cruise Kangaroo Valley and dinner. This was a great day even though I was late, solo run to meet the gang was real fun ok so I like my own company, Kangaroo Valley run was a blast, the dates in the background Ch10, dinner and 3FB shyte was superb.

Dinner at Leura cruise, Falkeen's first appearance minus jumpers freezing his whippet frame off,Darkhorse New open Petrol cap areo packadge,the fang down the pass to Katoomba. Bloody freezing after dinner.

A Friday night cruise with the import from NZ FordFanatic, that was a top night, some good runs around the city,cops everywhere around the Rocks,we get ourselves out to Bobbin Head, Where's the DarkHorse ? Like a distant light away.... Classic night got home around 2 or 3am my wife thinks I'm crazy.

03 Christmas Dinner at Bondi, Jamie's new trendy home,the Camenbert Turbo is hatched,imcriminating photos evolved,Blurter's car has been attacked by a can opener,the laughs at dinner.

There are many more in my mind but I'd be writing a book. Tell us some of your Highlights and look forward to many more

Last edited by Bluedriver; 06-01-2004 at 22:10. Reason: Spelling
Bluedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2004, 22:14   #2 (permalink)
SM

Re: Your Best 3FB Night n Day Cruise to Date

Ahhhh, the pursuit getting fully sik up the mountain, pity Pete can't drive though!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1418DSCF0012.jpg (52.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 1418DSCF0016.jpg (58.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 1418DSCF0016.jpg (58.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-02-2004, 02:24   #3 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

I really enjoyed the Camenbert Thrust Machines unvailing at my place and the dinner afterwards. It was a shame that I was flying out that morning and didnt join you for a cruise afterwards. That will not happen again!

We must do that again some time. As you know, there is plenty of parking.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:58   #4 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

I think Burters south coast cruise was the most fun - probably coz I didn't have to organise it
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 04:28   #5 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR
I think Burters south coast cruise was the most fun - probably coz I didn't have to organise it
That was a good cruise. Definately need to have another!

Maybe we should invite old mate and his silver XR6T that couldnt keep up
Old 06-02-2004, 04:45   #6 (permalink)
3FB Food Press

G'day fellas

Had to drop in and say hello and I guess this was as good as any thread to but in. I would agree with JR as that was the only one I have stayed to eat at and I had my son for company. by the way he goes for his license next week. Time to start worrying.

Sorry I have not been around for a while but the slotcars have taken over. We even started our own slot car forum.
http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?act=idx
Will catch up for a cruise soon. I won't say when petrol prices drop as that won't happen too quickly.

Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR
Vinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 04:48   #7 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

I know the best ones I have been on are all of the ones I could make.

My first cruise, the Bathurst version 1 in the ol' XF wagon..... great trip & I know XE6_mate had a ball as co-driver in Petes ute as well as DK's luxobarge.

The second was the Cessnock cruise where I found the added extra suspension package of dual lanes The first one with all 3 kids & they still talk of it......

The GoKart day at Windsor .......... how much fun can 2 boys have in one kart ..... hehehehehehheee

How could I not mention Bathurst version2 I would have to say that was the best one out of them all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a ball even though it took me 8hrs to do a 3hr trip, rain,mud,cold ....... but Ohhhhhh what fun around the fire

:fairy

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 05:04   #8 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Gee, there have been many cruises - some more memorable than others.

Some that come to mind are the Leura cruise when I (and everyone else) found out that excessive braking with a dodgey front bearing causes lots of smoke to come from said front wheel arch. The look on Blurters face when I pulled up next to him, smoke billowing, was priceless.

Quite a few to Bondi - one with Strider doing fully sick laps of the carpark while trying to find out how to get onto the median in the middle. And Slim Darkys "I Can't Believe It's Not Meguiar's!" moment, captured in digital brilliance by the Brockmeister and photoshopped to high heaven by your's truly.

The Newcastle via Cessnock cruise was a great run. A great journey and met a few new faces too.

But I have to say, the best one for me was definitely the 24 hour. It didn't matter that a couple of production-spec 2 door Commies won - it was the atmosphere (damp as it was) that made it great. Great company (good to see some Melbournians make the trek), Mother Nature with the EA, me having a ball along that muddy dirt road, DK and SM stepping out of their front doors and being there... Ah, what a weekend that was, and I was only there for one night. It was cold, it was wet, it was fantastic! I really do hope it happans again this year.

All in all, every 3FB cruise has been great. A couple were not so good because of slow drivers on the road stooging us when we want to have fun, but they eventually turned off and left us to it.

Oh, and the first 3FB cruise where XH's glass decided to move across the table by itself. That was creepy.
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 15:18   #9 (permalink)
Crikey

Every cruise has been great. The first run to Bathurst in April 2003 sticks in my mind being my first 3FB cruise. Seeing Pete chuck the ute through Murrays was outstanding.

Also memorable was the "who has a Sticky Date" crusie to Wollongong. I've driven through the National Park too many times to remember but never as fast as I did that day. The Cessnock Newcastle run was excellent with the highlight seeing Strider freak out when we came to the road repairs and then the insanity of needing to wash the dirt off at the Beresford servo.

But the whole cruise thing really came alive when I purchased a two way. Now that is when the fun really begun thanks to the talents of B-1B, JR and Bluedriver.

Roll on the JR Birthday Bash to Bathurst
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 17:36   #10 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Another cruise which deserves a mention is the infamous Stooge Cruise. It consisted of myself, XR6HP01, Strider and I think B-1B.

This was a small cruise to Terrigal early one Saturday evening where we decided to get some food (as we do). We Met at Thronleigh Maccas and then drove up to terrigal. Coming into Gosford we noticed that the Maccas and Red Rooster were both open yet we continued on as we knew yummier stuff was availale in Terrigal.

We get to Terrigal and try to go to a fish & chip shop we visted on a previous occasion. Closed. We walk along the footpath searching for any place that is open. No luck. The KFC was just closing and they refued to serve us.

So we decide to go to either the Red Rooster or Maccas that we passed in Gosford. Guess what? The lights were out and they had closed on us!

So we end up driving back to Sydney while the CB chatter consists of various McStoogisms causing fits of laughter from all concerned.

We ended up at Thronleigh Maccas which thankfully was open so we all got fed with what became to be known as the McStooge Meal.

So, we had come full circle just to get some McShitty Maccas into us. Oh the McHumanity...

After relaying this sad tale to JR and XH were told, "sucked in" because if we'd had JR with us we would have found food, and we had XH with us we would have had local knowledge of the area.

Time to post that picture again:

Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub