This survey should bring out the best and worst in us, don't know why someone has not done this survey before. Name your top 3 Falcons you have driven preferably driven rather
than seen. Hopefully this discussion will not degenerate in their favorite rice burner, remember this is a Ford discussion board of a Falcon orientation, EA especially. Though some young whipper snapper will undoubtedly be a smartass im betting on it....
as for me-
1. XB GT Coupe- im a softy for old cars, especially this one. I owned one now once (with all the Phase IV goodies) and now dearly miss her. Hell i might end up buying one and doing her up.
2. EB II Falcon, a solid car soldiering on not much has changed in the AU apart from , mod'd EFi,IRS and a few more gizmos. If only the EA was like this...... But a EA is alright for me.
3. XW Ute- drove it when I got my license in 1991.
When iI firsy read this thread I thought this will be easy but now I think of all the really nice Ford Falcons ive , driven , been in , seen ect.. but here goes...
No 1 : 1992 EB FALCON S XR8 -I just love every little thing about these Falcons , and they were the first XR8s
.......hmmmmmm a red 5sp EBXR8 with BIG exaust would be nice huh ?
No 2 : my big brothers 351 XE Falcon - he spent thousands on it ( 9" lsd disk brake ,4sp toploader ), and the thing went like a bloody bullet !!! never have i been in a car so fast .
chewed juice thought hehe and talk about burnouts !
No 3 : my 89 EA gl s2 sedan - you may laugh but iI just love the way it drives , the smooth power , the roomy plush interiour , the wide sleek looks and the great top end power from the big aussie six . It is reliable and fairly economic - when driven normaly
The best 3 Falcons I've either owned or driven would be:
1. My fathers ex police XE Falcon when I got my licence. That was when you could still buy a brand new EA series 1 Falcon!
2. My own 84 XF Falcon S which was a ground up restoration with lowered Pedders, urethane bushes through out (suspension was too f*ck'n hard though!)extractors, sports exhaust, 5 speed & EB S pack 5 spokes shod with Pirelli P600's. Went bloody hard but, loved to drink fuel! Unfortunately for that it had to go.
3. My current ride which is a bog stock NA Fairlane 3speed auto 3.9 MPI. Black in colour as it had a previous life as a mourning car! It now has 210,000kms on the odometer & is on its second engine. Thanks to a siezed oil pump which did some serious damage. The only things I want to change would be some nice alloys, to replace the pass front power window switch, replace the power aerial, some window tinting, a cd stacker & maybe a re-trim of the seats. God dam F*CKING mortgage!
I'm a VW freak as well but, don't hold that against me. When it comes to cost & availability of parts, there'll always be a Falcon or Fairlane in my garage!
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.