Your Thoughts - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2001, 21:43   #1 (permalink)
gone

cool Your Thoughts

I would be interested in your thoughts on the following;

1) Tickford NOT producing anymore XR Series after 2003

2) The Demise of the T Series Range

3) What is the New Color Scheme that Ford will bring out for the New Model?

My thoughts would be that the XR Range is the only thing that has kept the Tickford Name running so long and the T series has been nothing but an embarisment to Ford.

The Color Scheme is a tricy one though!, beats me what they will introduce
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2001, 21:56   #2 (permalink)
GTHO4

Not too concerned as long they continue producing performance cars probably with a different name that are affordable.

T series no sad loss. BRING BACK THE GT!

Colours I hope there would be more variety as long they're not too daggy.
Old 05-08-2001, 21:58   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

1) If Tickford don't produce the XR series it should go to ford to produce so tickford can concentrate in the T series

2) T Series should stay, get some decent motorvation and they will sell quite well, they need to put a bit more effort into selling these cars...

3) You tell me and we'll both know, I would like to see a return of a gold style colour though (Like whats on my XF) Paint code "W" named "Olympic Gold Metallic"
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 22:03   #4 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Once the T series have a decent Motor I can't see why they can't sell. Ford should do a lot of advertising just to get the name out in the public car buying arena, only car people really know what the T series cars are at the moment.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 22:14   #5 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

I don't think you are giving The T series enough time. I think it will build in popularity if Ford's image improves as i'm sure it will with more POWER on tap. Ford's image and the T series go hand in hand. I should have said the Falcons image and the T series go hand in hand.Improve Falcon's image and you'll see the top line get popular.Keep Tickford rockin .
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 22:19   #6 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Re: Your Thoughts

Hmm... here goes..

1. Ford would want to be on the ball to take over the XR Series. I wouldn't mind if Tickford wern't involved as long as Ford put the same kind of effort into the Falcon XR name.

2. T- Series, Fte, or equivalent is needed, with the correct advertising/exposure/MERCHANDISE!!. HSV cannot be allowed to run riot in this segment alone. Look at what's happened in 10 years since HSV was launched. Leave them go any longer and you have a bigger headache than what you have now.

3. As for new colours, give me the FTR blue. Ohhh baby is that a sweet colour. XR8, full body kit, FTR blue. Yeah, Yeah!! :D :thumbup:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 22:43   #7 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

I agree with the above, did I mention Fred Gibson should get involved. if anyone mentions Allan Moffat, I'll deck them when I see them in Mel.
Old 05-08-2001, 22:45   #8 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Question

How about the silver on Lowndes car.
Whatever happened to the old Gun Metal Grey that was all the go on the EF XR's, do they still have it?. I know of a charcoal color on the current Falcon but is it the same.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 22:49   #9 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

adam I know the gun metal you mean, another good colour is gun metal blue. get a sober spraypainter to do it right and it comes out a %1000. other wise you get what looks like different shading on the panels.
Old 05-08-2001, 22:49   #10 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by THE DOCTOR
if anyone mentions Allan Moffat, I'll deck them when I see them in Mel.
Why? Is there any specific reason why you don't like moffat Doc?? :confused:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub