Ford Forums banner

1986 Ford Bronco questions

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  hank56308 
#1 ·
I'm looking at an '86 Ford Bronco with a 300 I6 and a 4 speed. What exactally is there that I have to look out for? I forgot to mention that it has 150k, but body is okay, rust on certain parts about 15% rust (I live in Minnesota, there's on every car.). The dealer wants $1000 for the whole thing. Do you Bronco-Believers think it is worth it.

#5 ·
I was told that having a 300 w/ a 4 speed was good combination for pulling and trailing, but I kind of the pulling. You see the thing is I'm bringing home my dad's '68 Cadillac El Dorado it has been sitting in my grandfather's field for 22 years and I don't know if a Bronco has enough power to actually get on the road.

#6 ·
i myself just bought the same thing 2 weeks ago (I-6 w/ 4 speed, 4x4). so far i've enjoyed the truck. got it for $600. body is kind of rough. but mechanically very sound. i also have a 67 f-100 with a 390 in it (not stock obviously). would like to put it in the bronco just for fun. i know the 300 is a good motor, but the 390 has been built up. truck was smashed in from a barn falling on it. if anyone has tech info on the swap, let me know what i'm in for. the 390 was from a 69 mercury?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.