85 bronco rear windscreen - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Bronco Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Bronco

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 02:49   #1 (permalink)

85 bronco rear windscreen

like to know where a vgood rear, heated windscreen can be sourced.
ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2007, 16:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: 85 bronco rear windscreen

Tyr here -Bronco Restoration Early Full Size Bronco Restoration Classic Bronco Parts For Sale You might have to email them. There may be a salvage yard close to you but I have no idea where "Townsville" is.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:06   #3 (permalink)

GypsyR,
Thanks mate for the update. There's a guy (through ebay) in Georgia USA that's got 4 brand newies but won't ship to Australia. Unbelievable. Bronco Graveyard is in my favourites already. Another good man is Bob Burgess from "Vehicle Interiors" USA. Does a lot of make/model repo stuff.
Old 10-08-2007, 16:07   #4 (permalink)

These aren't so easy to find. I've noticed folks around here using amateur cut pieces of plexiglass and such as substitutes. I can imagine how hard one is to find down there.
Try your luck here: Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Surely someone will ship internationally. One close to me is "Tony's Auto Parts" that has one for $100. Pretty sure Tony won't ship but $100 is a fair enough price around here. Some folks get $150.
Good luck!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:47   #5 (permalink)

GypsyR,
Ditto dodgy anythings. Will google tony and car-part for sure. thanks. Im doin a semi restore on the "beast" - cosmetics mainly, all things spinning and oily not too bad. Im 2nd owner for 15 years. Any thoughts about the carby/manifold combo ? no performance needed, family mover.
Old 10-09-2007, 20:26   #6 (permalink)

Bit hard to recommend anything, or offer my opinion at least, without knowing what you have. Dunno about down there, but up here in 1985 Broncos came with 4.9 straight sixes, 5.0's, 2barrel carbed 351W's, or 4bbl carbed 351W's.
The approach for upgrade is a bit different for each engine.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:24   #7 (permalink)

Hi GypsyR,
"I'm thinking of updating my '85, 4 speed 2V 351 C bronc with a 600 vac sec/elect choke carby and a single plane "Accellerator" manifold. I've got a worn out same size holley, manual choke with the stock factory inlet manifold fitted. Not many probs with present combo in the last 15 years. Any wraps appreciated."
Thats a cut and paste from my other Q in this forum.
I've been on this one all year. In OZ we only got clevos @ 351 size. The electric choke is because I forget the choke's on and the manifold is because the speed shop (their good) showed me the finish, port match, and other tech of the weiland v edelbrock v others.
Old 10-11-2007, 21:38   #8 (permalink)

Hmmm. I don't mess with Clevelands. The last ones we got here were in 1974 Torinos (much like your Falcons) and they never came in trucks.
I'd guess the same would hold true. We reserve single planes pretty much for drag racing. Don't see too many 4200 pound Broncos drag racing. An all-out off road racer might make use of one I guess. I still say a Stealth, but given a C's breathing capabilities, maybe a 650cfm carb where a W would be happy with a 600. Clevelands can rev higher and better than Windsors (stock). I never paid much attention to port matching since I always grind them to gasket match myself. I've seen some pretty crappy port matches on OEM Ford manifolds though. And I hear the cheapo imitation Edelbrock "Crosswind" manifolds are pretty awful. I'm more interested in runner layout and plenum design.
Any help?
BTW, is your Bronco two wheel drive? All our North American ones are 4x4. Us homeboys never got the 2wd option in "big" Broncos for some reason.
Old 10-12-2007, 00:50   #9 (permalink)

Classic old ford, the Torino, not many down here. Almost exactly what 'ol matey said at the speed shop regarding the engine. He said I'm a lazy 'ol so and so but said a 650 would be fine, he showed the manifolds casting qual. and explained the probs you've told me about. He had three out on the floor for me ! I'll keep chipping away, it's not a biggy, thanks heaps for your answers. Oh, it's 4x4. Thanks again.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:02   #10 (permalink)

you can find a rear window for a bronco anywhere. ive seen a few my self. theres a f100 / bronco wrecker in sydney. and we never had the small broncos here in aus. only the "real " ones. never seen a 2wd bronco either. only 4wd ones.
85xltbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum