Ford Forums banner

86 Ford Bronco Modifications

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Lynne 
#1 ·
I got an 86 Ford Bronco, that i bought for 750.00 I'm currently restoring it, and giving it a new paint job, and interior work. I've got a 302 in it, and im looking for some modifications that would be nice to have on this bronco. I'm only 17, and strapped for cash.

I've already put new tires on it, i got 32" Wild Countries (les Schwab's), replaced front and back shocks (quad shocks on front), and replaced the front and rear suspension completely (except for springs.) I've also replaced all the spark plugs, cables, and cap, and put a new K&N filter on it. I know i need an exhaust, cause it didnt come with one, goes up to the cat. then there is no muffler, or anything else. I've got it stripped right now(no paint, and no interior.)

please help me if you have any suggestions

#2 ·
I also bought a '86 Bronco cheap. Mine has major rust, what condition is yours in? I paid $550. What part of the country are u from, Here in PA most Bronco's that old are in really bad shape. the road salt in the winter is very destructive. Mine does include a lund moonvisor and extra set of wheels and tires. I've been finding parts everywhere, big plus. Let me know how mch your paint job will cost.

later!
Jason

G
#3 ·
Bought my '86 Bronco in June this year for $450.00 and it wasn't in to bad of shape. It was in an accident before I got it and the driver's side is crunched. I've replaced the front springs and shock(quad front) and it still saggs on the drivers side. Thinking the frame is twisted. It still works for what I do. WHEELING Not too much rust, but cut rear fenderwells and planning to do the same to the front. You can find a lot of Bronco's in Iowa for not too bad of a price. Just have to look arround. Plan on painting mine myself (with a little help from my husband). Hope to see some pics of yours when it is done !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.