Ford Forums banner

87 Bronco-Fusible link problem, maybe? HELP

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  351w 
#1 ·
:AAHHH: Ok, my friend has a problem with her Bronco........she asks:

When your fuel pump does not activate and the reset switch is engaged (although the interia switch has been removed) could the problem lie in the/a fusible link in the fuel system wiring harness?? This is what she was told but she wants a second opinion from you guys. And if this could be the problem, how would you go about checking the links and replacing them??? And if this is not the problem, what are the other possibilities??? She already checked the fuses, relays and voltage to the pumps. But anybody could miss something.......we all do it......help, guys......I know you have the knowledge. let's get her back out on the road in her truck.

Oh, and if you have any questions for her....please bombard me with them and I will call her for answers.

#2 ·
i am not following what you are saying because if you have the proper voltage at the pump and it isnt running then the pump is bad or the ground is bad.
those are your 2 choices.
if you set in the truck with the window open and turn the ignition key on and back off you should hear the fuel pump cycle on and off as well.
if this isnt happening then you have a bad pump, a bad ground, or no power to the pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.