92 full bronco - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Bronco Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Bronco

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2014, 08:14   #1 (permalink)

92 full bronco

I have a92 full size bronco with no power to my fuel pump or gauge. temp guage quick working same time. Changed inerita switch still no power to pump. any info would be welcomed
doodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2014, 11:20   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: 92 full bronco

Are you getting power through your fuel pump relay?
Old 05-26-2014, 12:35   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 92 full bronco

Came across this , might help , might not .

Are you getting battery power and ground at the fuel pump connector? (This should have been checked BEFORE replacing the pump)

Other things to check:
1. Fuel Pump relay in the Engine Compartment Fuse Block
2. The relay is powered (Secondary -or- "fuel pump side") by Fuse 0 in the Engine Compartment Fuse Block.
3. The relay Primary -or- "control" side is powered by Pin 37 RED wire at the PCM
4. The relay Primary control (or ground circuit) is operated by Pin 22 LIGHT BLUE/ORANGE wire at the PCM
5. The Inertia Fuel Shut-off Switch located between the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump may need to be reset. The switch is located behind the right kick panel. The DARK GREEN/YELLOW wire at the switch is the feed from the fuel pump relay. The other wire goes to the fuel pump. Some units have the DARK GREEN/YELLOW wire going in and the wire going out can also be DARK GREEN/YELLOW, or PINK, or ORANGE - the wiring diagram for your vehicle does not specify the color of the wire that actually goes to the fuel pump itself.)
6. If none of the above produce any results, make sure that your ground wire at the fuel pump has good continuity to ground. It usually screws to the left frame rail near the fuel tank.

Any of these components (including the PCM) or their connecting wires could be the cause of your problem.
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum