Difference between 85 & 86 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Bronco Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Bronco

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2001, 16:55   #1 (permalink)
Bronco Member

Question Difference between 85 & 86

I am trying to get manuals, wiring diagrams, etc. for my '86, but am noit having much luck. Does anyone know if there are any real differences between the '85 and '86 models? I seem to find lots of stuff for sale for an '85.
Paul_NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2001, 18:45   #2 (permalink)
Multi Ford Member

Paul,
Go to (Moderated link) One of the advertizers on the message board claims to have a manual on every model of Ford truck back to the 1930's.

Last edited by djzx3; 05-27-2012 at 19:30. Reason: Take link out.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 22:31   #3 (permalink)
Bronco Member

Paul I have a 1986 XLT, 5.0Ltr. FI unit
I have not found any appreciable difference in the "85-"86 model with the possible exception of some exterior trim, front grill, and sometimes the high mounted "stopping" lamp. There were no significant differences going back to 1984 when Ford introduced the AOD overdrive transmission to these series trucks. I also believe that was also the introduction date for the 5.0Ltr FI engine to this series truck also.
I have successfully used the easily available Haynes book when rebuilding my unit. I have found from much usage that it is reasonably the most accurate manual for most common service work for that truck; with the exception of a Ford Service manual.
The electrical schematics, and diagrams are pretty much what you will expect in the truck. There were some production variables within any vehicle run, but most noticeable variables were listed in the Haynes, Ford F-150,250,350, Bronco Book.
JuanPolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Bronco Forum